Looking for Christmas Cookie Recipes/Ideas

Options
This is the first Christmas where I'll be eating healthy and so I'd like some ideas for healthy cookie recipes to share at work and with the family. I understand that due to their very nature cookies aren't "healthy" but I'm sure there are healthier options out there. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I suppose your take on "healthy" matters a lot. Butter is the core element of most cookies, so if you watch fat, that's not so good. I have lots of sugar free, lower carb recipes, though-- but they're still high in fat (and fiber), so that might not be your thing. :)
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    Ooh I'm interested in this topic too! Bump
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My go to site

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Dessert Recipes

I have an amazing pumpkin cookie recipe that a fellow MFP'er was nice enough to share 55 calories per cookie...let me know if you are interested.
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    I think we're primarily looking for lower calorie cookies. There will be at least 3 of us watching calories at the party.
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    no bake choc. oatmeal cookies
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 extra small banana
    1/4 cup ghiridelli bittersweet choc. chips
    1 tbs cocoa powder
    1tsp vanilla

servings 7
    calories 79
    carbs 13
    protein 1
    fat 3
    sodium 2 fiber 2

microwave your coc. chips 60 sec but stir every 15 sec making sure choc doesnt burn. cut up banana and put it in bowl and mash with fork. add rest of ingredients and stir. drop cookies on wax paper and freeze.
  • Asil76
    Options
    I think we're primarily looking for lower calorie cookies. There will be at least 3 of us watching calories at the party.

So you are not interested in the Pumpkin cookie recipe?? I have yet to find a cookie under 55 calories & since reading your post I have been searching. :happy:
  • jasonnjamer
    Options
    banana oatmeal cookies

about 25 calories a cookie
    servings 36

2 bananas
    1 apple peeled
    2 cups old fashioned oats
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon splenda to taste

blend apples and bananas together in blender. pour into bowl with oatmeal, cinnamon and vanilla. mix well
    1 tbs per cookie
    bake at 350 for about 15 min.
  • kellyc3
    Options
    bump
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin cookie recipe would be awesome!
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My go to site

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Dessert Recipes

I have an amazing pumpkin cookie recipe that a fellow MFP'er was nice enough to share 55 calories per cookie...let me know if you are interested.

Please share!
  • Asil76
    Options
    Pumpkin Cookies

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 cup purreed pumpkin
    2 Tbs. canola oil
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    chocolate chips (optional)

Combine all ingredients. Drop by Tablespoonfull onto sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Makes 24 cookies

Some substitutions/additions I made:
    Morton Lite Salt
    Extra Virgin Lite Olive Oil
    1/4 c. egg beaters
    1/8 tsp. cloves
    1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2 Tbs. Flaxseed

Per Cookie:
    83 calories
    3 Fat
    14 Carbs
    2 Protein

I changed the recipe a little using whole wheat flour, no salt or nutmeg I used pumpkin pie spice in place of it and I used Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin but any kind will do. Flatten out the dough a little after placing them on cookie tray their shape doesn't change much. They are the best I have had a combination between a cookie & cake (texture).

Per Cookie - my version
    Calories 55
    Carbs 9
    Fat 1
    Protein 1
    Sodium 36
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Skinny No-Bake Cookies
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 20 • Size: 2 cookies, 1 tbsp each • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 105.9 • Fat: 2.3 g • Carbs: 18.8 • Fiber: 2.3 • Protein: 3.1 g • Sugar: 7.9
    Sodium: 12.2 mg

Ingredients:

2/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    2 tbsp Smart Balance Light butter
    1/2 cup fat free milk
    2 1/2 cups quick oats (for gluten free, use gluten free oats)
    3/4 cup Better'n Peanut Butter
    1 tsp vanilla
    powdered sugar, cocoa powder (optional)

Directions:

Combine the first 4 ingredients (sugar through milk) and boil in a small sauce pan for 2 minutes.

Remove from heat and mix in oatmeal, Better n' Peanut Butter and vanilla.

Drop by tablespoons onto a wax paper or roll into balls with slightly moist hands and refrigerate overnight.

The next day you can roll them in powdered sugar or cocoa powder if desired. Keep refrigerated if storing for several days.

Makes 40 cookies
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    I recommend everyone try these they are very addictive...

Cherry-Pistachio Wedding Cookies

The combination of tender cake flour and sturdy all-purpose flour produces delicate cookies. The dough will be crumbly after you've combined all the ingredients but will hold its shape once molded in a tablespoon measure and turned onto a baking sheet. You may need to add one to two additional teaspoons of ice water to the dough to achieve the crumbly consistency.

YIELD: 32 servings (serving size: 1 cookie)
    COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
    Ingredients

1 1/2 cups cake flour (about 6 ounces)
    2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
    1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
    3 teaspoons ice water
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 cup dried tart cherries
    1/4 cup finely chopped salted dry-roasted pistachios
    Cooking spray
    Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. With food processor on, add butter through food chute a few pieces at a time; process 1 minute or until mixture is the texture of sand.

3. Combine 3 teaspoons ice water and vanilla in a small bowl. With food processor on, slowly add ice water mixture through food chute; process 1 minute or until very well combined. (Mixture will remain crumbly.) Add cherries and pistachios; pulse 10 times or just until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Gently press mixture into a level tablespoon; pack lightly with the heel of your hand. Turn out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough to form 32 cookies.

4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or just until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.

5. Place remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add cooled cookies; toss gently to coat with powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to wax paper to cool completely.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 86
    Calories from fat: 36%
    Fat: 3.4g
    Saturated fat: 1.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
    Protein: 1g
    Carbohydrate: 12.9g
    Fiber: 0.8g
    Cholesterol: 8mg
    Iron: 0.6mg
    Sodium: 43mg
    Calcium: 4mg
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Okay just looked at the skinnytaste website that was posted and was wowed by all the great foods!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Yeah!:happy:
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I'm interested in the pumpkin cookies
  • rae_mayer
    Options

So you are not interested in the Pumpkin cookie recipe?? I have yet to find a cookie under 55 calories & since reading your post I have been searching. :happy:

Haha! No, I am actually! I'll take anything I can get at this point! lol
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Meringues are pretty diet friendly. Plain they have zero fat and just a little sugar but you can doll them up any way you like them. Peppermint meringues, nut filled, a few chocolate chips, cocoa flavored, fruity flavored using a bit of jello, etc.
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    no bake choc. oatmeal cookies
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 extra small banana
    1/4 cup ghiridelli bittersweet choc. chips
    1 tbs cocoa powder
    1tsp vanilla

servings 7
    calories 79
    carbs 13
    protein 1
    fat 3
    sodium 2 fiber 2

microwave your coc. chips 60 sec but stir every 15 sec making sure choc doesnt burn. cut up banana and put it in bowl and mash with fork. add rest of ingredients and stir. drop cookies on wax paper and freeze.

sounds yummy!!!
    so it makes a total of 7 cookies?
    just double cking...
    im excited to try this:)
    thanks
  • jasonnjamer
    Options
    yes it does make 7 cookies just make sure u use a very small banana only about 2- 3 in long in the recipe.
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Butter and Jam Thumbprints
    From Food Network Kitchens

Prep Time:20 minInactive Prep Time:30 minCook Time:18 min
    Level:
    Easy
    Serves:
    about 24 to 30 cookies

Ingredients
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon fine salt
    3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
    2/3 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
    1 large egg
    1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped from pod, or 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/3 cup raspberry, cherry or strawberry jam
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.

Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.

In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing just until incorporated.

Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls with a cookie or ice cream scoop and roll in sugar. Place about 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball, about 1/2-inch deep. Fill each indentation with about 3/4 teaspoon jam.

Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. (For even color, rotate the pans from top to bottom about halfway through baking.) Cool cookies on the baking sheets. Serve.

Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.

Servings Per Recipe: 48
    1 cookie
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 61.1
    Total Fat: 3.0 g
    Cholesterol: 12.2 mg
    Sodium: 2.6 mg
    Total Carbs: 8.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
    Protein: 0.6 g