water!! retaining !

Options
I have had 5 liters of water today and have barely had to pee! where is it?? am i retaining THAT MUCH water!!

ugh!

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I have had 5 liters of water today and have barely had to pee! where is it?? am i retaining THAT MUCH water!!

ugh!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    are you staying within the amount of sodium that mfp sets (which is 2500)? Did you exercise today and sweat alot? If the answer is yes to the sodium question then you are retaining water. If it is yes to the exercise question then you sweated it out. I hope this helps.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    excuse my abbruptness, but why on earth do you need 5 litres of water?
  • chrcos24
    chrcos24 Posts: 12
    Options
    be careful about how much water you drink... too much can be unhealthy.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    5 liters is a lot of water, but not so much that it would be unhealthy. Yes, your electrolytes can get out of balance with too much water. Yes you can die if you drink a gallon + of water in like an hour or less. But 5 liters is not that much. As to you not needing to pee much - wait until the middle of the night!! Dollars to donuts you'll be up 3 or 4 times!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    wait and see
  • exercisediva
    Options
    If you are anywhere in here in the South, you would have sweat it out today! 95 degrees today...WOW!!

151375.png
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    5 liters is a lot of water, but not so much that it would be unhealthy. Yes, your electrolytes can get out of balance with too much water. Yes you can die if you drink a gallon + of water in like an hour or less. But 5 liters is not that much. As to you not needing to pee much - wait until the middle of the night!! Dollars to donuts you'll be up 3 or 4 times!

where does that phrase "dollars to donuts" come from?
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

I was going to say something like this..................I drink a LOT of water and Green Tea through the day.........I go a lot, sweat a lot and get up at least 2-3 times in the night too...........

Sometimes I feel like I am floating.

5 liters spread out through the day is a lot, but not so much that it will hurt you. You basically have to consume HUGE amounts of water in a short time period to get sick from it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

its a long story
    I wouldnt worry your pretty head about it:laugh:
  • codykitty
    Options

its a long story
    I wouldnt worry your pretty head about it:laugh:

seriously, I've always wondered...
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    If you are anywhere in here in the South, you would have sweat it out today! 95 degrees today...WOW!!

151375.png

The NE is pretty darn hot too! I think it got up to 98 yesterday! It's getting cooler by the end of the week though. Tomorrow I think 60s.
  • bethaudrey
    Options
    lol googled and

Where is the phrase "Dollars to Donuts" from?
    Sometime in the 1880's, the phrase "dollars to doughnuts" became a popular way of saying one was fairly certain of something. It replaced the similar terms "dollars to buttons" and "dollars to dumplings". The new phrase had the benefit of alliteration to give it an extra kick.

The combination of the two words seems to say that the dollars have a value, while the doughnuts are essentially "zeros", or shaped after the number zero, implying that they have no value.

But as with most phrases, if you really try and figure out a somewhat literal meaning, you end up more confused than when you began! In the case of "dollars to doughuts", it really isn't worded in a way that we would understand as a bet, and with inflation, the value of a doughnut is oftentimes greater than a dollar! :)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dollars-to-Donuts
  • codykitty
    Options
    huh...interesting!