net calories

Options
Will someone please explain to me how the net weekly calories play into weight loss? How far under your weekly goal is good?

Replies

• lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Net weekly is the total of your net daily, so ideally you to strive to be 0 under -- meaning you're meeting your MFP eating goal and eating your exercise calories. Now not everyone eats all their exercise calories so you could probably have a wide range be under depending how much you DON'T eat. If you're striving to meet the MFP goals and wear a HRM for accurate calorie burn counts then closer to 0 is better.

PS: Since exercise is often estimated and even some eating estimated -- you very well could have 1000-1400 calories or more under in a week (100-200 a day). It's finding the balance that is right for you and still giving you a loss.
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    im having this problem too i have been eating most of my calories and in 25 days i havent lost a single pound with doing 2 or more hours of exercise a day... with drinking 8-12 cups of water a day.... sigh,
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    im having this problem too i have been eating most of my calories and in 25 days i havent lost a single pound with doing 2 or more hours of exercise a day... with drinking 8-12 cups of water a day.... sigh,

One small switch I'd suggest is swap the evening fat heavy snacks with a well rounded breakfast. Looked at your diary and most days you are not nearly eating your exercise calories. Your net is very low. Do you wear a HRM? Do you really burn 1500-2000 calories in an exercise session? That seems high to me, but I have no idea what kind of exercise you're doing.

Also some days your sodium is through the roof, although it looks like some delicious meals. :)