Emotional Eating

Options
Even with the best intentions and planning, I can't help just eating bad food when I'm in a bad mood. Any tips?

Replies

• honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I posted this same thing once, and someone responded to me with:

"if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer".

Hit me pretty hard! Hope it helps you.
  • tamaranash
    tamaranash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Its so hard, I totally understand.. I feel the same way.. but what the above poster wrote is excellent advice.. I may just add that to my profile as a reminder :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I just have to force myself to do something else no matter how hard it is. I also try to remember that 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels'. Try writing down the reasons you want to eat when you are feeling bad and the reasons why you shouldn't. You could keep a note of it near you and pull it out to remind yourself.
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When you get that urge remove yourself from the vicinity of the kitchen! Out of sight out of mind. Sometimes I go upstairs to watch late night tv since it keeps the kitchen and late night snacks out of reach. I also chew gum when I'm feeling snacky.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Its all mental, just tell yourself not to eat it. Not that hard to do.
  • Emeraldsea28
    Options
    I have the same problem. That's how I got into this mess. I associate food with feeling better. For now I'm stopping to ask myself why I'm eating and it's been helping. Keep yourself busy and get your mind off food when you're hungry. Good luck! :)
  • cathyvice
    cathyvice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also have that problem and it is hard to do just say dont eat at least that is my opinon but I allways get on my tred mill and even do like 5 min just to take my mind off of eating, and it gives me a release of some of my emotions any ways that is a thought
  • kimsy1222
    Options
    Thank you all for the help!
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I posted this same thing once, and someone responded to me with:

"if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer".

Hit me pretty hard! Hope it helps you.

this is a great quote. thats how i feel- and i was/am an emotional eater and have now gotten it in check. thanks for posting this.