Laughing Cow Cheese...

Options
I have never tried laughing cow cheese but I bought some tonight.. I bought the garlic and herb kind and now my question is what can I do with it from here?? Besides crackers what else is it good on/in.. Still haven't tried it and I plan on having it tomorrow so any ideas would be appreciated!

Replies

• lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I like it on my sandwiches! I haven't really had it on anything else, but I'm sure it would be tasty melted on something... maybe a chicken breast? Get creative! :D
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It adds a lot of flavor to just about any sandwich...love the stuff!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have used it for sandwiches, on toast/bagels, to cook with instead of sour cream, ect:tongue: . Stuff is great!
  • tnk32
    tnk32 Posts: 1
    Options
    You could try it on celery or apple wedges.
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like it with crispy veggies!
  • cheyenneandcosmo
    cheyenneandcosmo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ummm......Ive sliced it and put it on sandwiches...it actually tastes pretty good (well, I think so, anyway)
    Yeah....there isnt a lot of things you can do with it.
    Have you tried making it into a dip? Like...for chips (tostadas, plain doritos...etc) That tasts good too

Sorry...cant think of anything else!

Anyway.....the other day I went to a mexican store called Fiesta and they had that cheese...but instead they changed the language (so its La Vaca Que Rie) I think thats the only reason that it caught my eye, XD (sorry for the randomness, it just came to mind) :bigsmile:
    Feel free to add me...especially if you like mexican food!!!
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    you could put it on chicken (melted of course), in pasta, on sandwiches, with veggies, etc!
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Melt it in scrambled eggs to make them super creamy. Melt it over pasta noodles for an easy alfredo substitute.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I like to eat laughing cow cheese w/ reduced fat triscuits. I've also tried it on sandwich wraps (La Tortilla or Flat Out) w/ veggies and deli meat (turkey). It's really good! :wink:
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Try this....

Chicken Cordon Bleu

2 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 large spinach leaves, washed stems removed
    2 wedges Laughing Cow Light cheese
    1 oz reduced-sodium ham
    Paprika, to taste
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper

DIJON YOGURT SAUCE

1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1 tbsp Dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp 1% buttermilk
    2 tbsp chives, chopped

-Preheat oven to 400°F. Pound chicken with a mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to tear apart the breast. Lay 1 spinach leaf on top of each breast. Then spread cheese wedge to cover spinach. Top with 1/2 slice ham, folding ham over as needed to fit breast. Gently roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle outer side of breast with paprika. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

-While chicken is baking, sauté garlic in oil in a nonstick skillet for 1 minute on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.

-To prepare sauce, whisk together yogurt, mustard and buttermilk. Mix in chives.
    Divide mushrooms equally between 2 plates, about 1/4 cup each. Then place chicken on bed of mushrooms and drizzle 1/4 cup yogurt sauce over top.

(1 chicken cordon bleu, ¼ cup mushrooms, ¼ cup yogurt sauce): Calories: 281, Total Fat: 9 g,Sat. Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 38 g, Sodium: 587 mg, Cholesterol: 80 mg
  • leftymae5454
    Options
    I Love it! I spread it on grilled breast breast, grilled fish, toast and eat it just like it is! I have 4 packs and what I like about it it do not have to be refridgerated. Found a piece down in my purse the other day and It was still good! Lol
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I use it on lots of things. I put it on a hamburger instead of sliced cheese (one of my favorite uses). I have also melted it on a baked potato and added veggies to it for a good meal. There is also a Hungry girl recipe for some quick broccoli cheese soup using a wedge of laughing cow and broccoli and cheese one serving green giant containers and blending them together.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I usually stuff it in celery sticks or some lo-fat crackers.
  • Jillv086622
    Jillv086622 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go to their website and check out their recipes, that's what I did because I wasn't sure how to cook with it either.. they have some good recipes.

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/recipes/

Here are some that I like.. I don't follow the recipes exactly and make some healthier changes :-)

HG’s Gooey-Good Queso Dip ‘n Chips
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup Frozen Ground-beef-style Soy Crumbles (like The Kind By Boca Or Morningstar Farms)
    • ¾ teaspoons Dry Taco Seasoning Mix, Divided
    • ¾ teaspoons Ground Cumin, Divided
    • ⅓ cups Light Plain Soymilk
    • ⅔ cups Shredded Fat-free Cheddar Cheese
    • 2 whole Wedges Of The The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
    • 1-½ Tablespoon Fat-free Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
    • ⅛ teaspoons Chili Powder, Or More To Taste

Preparation Instructions
    Bring a small pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add frozen crumbles and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning and 1/4 tsp. cumin. Cook for about 4 minutes, mixing occasionally, until thawed and hot. Remove seasoned crumbles and set aside. Remove pot from heat and let cool slightly.
    To the pot, add soymilk, all three cheeses, chili powder, remaining 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning, and remaining 1/2 tsp. cumin. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to medium-low heat. Stirring frequently, heat until cheeses have melted and mixture has a smooth, sauce-like consistency.
    Add seasoned crumbles to the pot, and continue to cook and stir until hot. If you like, warm chips in the microwave. Place dip in a fun bowl, and serve with chips!
    Makes 3 servings

Lean & Bean Tostada

Ingredients
    • 3 Tablespoons Prepared Bean Dip
    • 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle
    • 1 whole Flour Tortilla
    • 1 leaves Lettuce
    • ¼ cups Grape Or Cherry Tomatoes
    Preparation Instructions
    Spread bean dip and The Laughing Cow cheese wedge evenly over the tortilla. Tear lettuce into pieces and place on top of spread. Serve with small handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, if desired. Roll up tortilla and enjoy!
  • Jillv086622
    Jillv086622 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was longgggggggg.. sorry!
  • Demwitted
    Options
    If it's the soft kind, I dip baby carrots in it.
  • e_stone
    e_stone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try this....

Chicken Cordon Bleu

2 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 large spinach leaves, washed stems removed
    2 wedges Laughing Cow Light cheese
    1 oz reduced-sodium ham
    Paprika, to taste
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper

DIJON YOGURT SAUCE

1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1 tbsp Dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp 1% buttermilk
    2 tbsp chives, chopped

-Preheat oven to 400°F. Pound chicken with a mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to tear apart the breast. Lay 1 spinach leaf on top of each breast. Then spread cheese wedge to cover spinach. Top with 1/2 slice ham, folding ham over as needed to fit breast. Gently roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle outer side of breast with paprika. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

-While chicken is baking, sauté garlic in oil in a nonstick skillet for 1 minute on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.

-To prepare sauce, whisk together yogurt, mustard and buttermilk. Mix in chives.
    Divide mushrooms equally between 2 plates, about 1/4 cup each. Then place chicken on bed of mushrooms and drizzle 1/4 cup yogurt sauce over top.

(1 chicken cordon bleu, ¼ cup mushrooms, ¼ cup yogurt sauce): Calories: 281, Total Fat: 9 g,Sat. Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 38 g, Sodium: 587 mg, Cholesterol: 80 mg

Now this sounds good!!!! Will DEFINITELY be trying this! Thanks!
  • Finndi
    Options
    I like it with reduced fat wheat thins and apple slices for an afternoon snack. I prefer the original flavor. Great food on the go when you are starving and need something.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.

I put it on rice cakes. :)