Bally Fitness Members?

Options
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/28/workers-losing-jobs-at-ballys-fitness-clubs/

LA Fitness has bought out Bally Fitness, they bought 171 of the 271 clubs, of which most will be closed within the next year!

Replies

• Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    LA Fitness bought and closed my gym, Pure Fitness, last year as well. Then they closed several of the local LA Fit locations, making the clubs close to me crowded. They are only moderately clean, the equipment is falling into poor repair, and management is a sterile corporate machine.

LA Fitness is a virus in the fitness industry. Always has been.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness bought and closed my gym, Pure Fitness, last year as well. Then they closed several of the local LA Fit locations, making the clubs close to me crowded. They are only moderately clean, the equipment is falling into poor repair, and management is a sterile corporate machine.

I have not had this experience with LA Fitness, I love my club, it's not overly crowded, equipment is rarely down, and the classes are awesome.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I guess that explains why the club is closing early on Wednesday. I wonder what happens to my rate after the buyout?
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    I have not had this experience with LA Fitness, I love my club, it's not overly crowded, equipment is rarely down, and the classes are awesome.

Truly glad you are having a better experience at your club!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

What happened with your membership rate?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I too am a 14 year member......im guessing my contract ran out years ago and now I just pay like $20 bucks a month to keep it going.
    What exactly is my status as a longtime member????/ AM I on mont to month?/ Can I jump to another gym without any contract obligations etc...??
  • mrjefflevy
    mrjefflevy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is a site with class action lawsuit info ballyssuit.com and lafitnesssuit.com
  • littleleers
    Options
    I live in Seattle and am a member of LA Fitness. Our club is not so bad (IMHO), but then I go at the off times, like mid morning. I understand it gets jammed during peak hours. I just found out from the front desk gal two days ago, that LA Fitness was buying up the Bally Clubs. For some it will be good, but I am sure that a good number of Bally members will be sad. I guess a lot depends if LA Fitness institutes their group fitness scheduled classes or sticks to what Bally already had going.