I confess.

Options
This may be kind of bloggy but people never read my blog. SOoooO:

I haven't been to the gym in over two weeks.

I feel like CRAP. My energy is low. I don't feel toned. I just feel gross. :sick: I have been taking for granted that I haven't been gaining weight...but I know I am about to if I don't get back into it! Tomorrow I am hitting the gym and I even packed some protein powder for after my workout. Just because it's the holiday season doesn't mean I can let my guard down.

This is my reality check...and I am writing it down on MFP to make it real. It will be hard to make myself start dieting and exercising again after two weeks of laziness...but I am BACK.

Thanks for listening, friends. :happy:

Replies

• jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation.. although it's only been about a week for me . It's driving me crazy. I've been having trouble breathing and as a result I've been overly exhausted/unmotivated. BUT... it's a stressful time and I need my workout to remain sane. If I could just go to sleep now I'll make it for the early workout.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am having a bit of a tough time with motivation right now myself.....but our low times make our hi times all that much better!
  • jewelt29
    Options
    Just curious, what are you going to do with the protein powder? put it in water? lol

I need ideas. Seems like when I work out, I overeat because Im starving when Im done.

Maybe thats when I need to do the protein ?
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I split a "zone" bar and eat half 30 mins before workout, then eat the other half after with a big glass of water. Seems to help with that famished feeling.
  • Khielle
    Options
    Good luck! I've just started going back to the gym as well. For now, I'll consider it a small victory if I don't gain any weight during the holidays!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good plan hun!! I definetely feel more tired/sluggish when I haven't worked out in awhile. Exercising really does make you feel better and more energetic.

If anything the holidays are the time thats its most important to work out :)
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    Just curious, what are you going to do with the protein powder? put it in water? lol

I need ideas. Seems like when I work out, I overeat because Im starving when Im done.

Maybe thats when I need to do the protein ?

They say it is best to eat a bunch of protein within 30-60min after working out. Also, don't exercise, starving. Eat something an hour or 2 before hand. I am putting the protein powder in either water or milk with a bunch of ice. Its best super cold.

:)
  • jewelt29
    Options
    Havent tried the Zone bar yet ! Thats a great idea.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Similar but got back on track on turkey day! Aiming for 100 miles of cardio for December!
  • jewelt29
    Options
    Well, I'm feeling motivated ! tomorrow I'm going to try the workout video by Jillian Michaels that I just bought !
    I usually work out at the gym or run at home but we aren't keeping our gym membership I only had old TAE BO CD's.
    Ready to try something new. Would love to get P90X. Maybe one day :(
    Good luck this week Girls and guys!