i need motivation

Options
so i am losing weight but i still am not feeling great about myself.. i am slacking in the exercise dept and need some insight

Replies

• alisoncarl
    Options
    so i am losing weight but i still am not feeling great about myself.. i am slacking in the exercise dept and need some insight
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Whatcha lookin' for here? Advice on exercises to do?
  • alisoncarl
    Options
    exercises
  • jacquelinepaige
    Options
    I really love the eliptical, I get such a high when I am on it, have you tried it?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Insight 101: Just do it!! start small walk walk walk...food is only a portion of this whole journey excercise is a big factor...good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great place to start if you've never exercised before. Work up to "bigger" exercises b/c if you try to dive in head first, you're just going to get discouraged with yourself. Do some light weight training. Do you have a gym membership? If you do, don't be afraid to try out some of the cardio & weight equipment there! We all have to start somewhere! The key is finding something that you like to do, IMO. Once you find something you like to do, you'll look forward to doing it & it won't be a "chore" any more!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, walk. I have a set of 2 lb weights that I carry when I walk. If it's bad weather stay inside and dance, jumping jacks, pushups. Jump rope hula hoop....whatever gets you moving!!! Good luck!
  • formersize6
    Options
    Just may mean you've hit your plateau. this means you have to shake things up...increase intensity. Include Weight Training (building some muscle burns more fat).

You may want to consider a personal trainer or Survivor Boot Camp. I started with Boot Camp and was hooked...they got me interested in exercising again. Especially when you start seeing the slight muscle definition in your body.

Basic rule (and logical at that) - If what you've been trying isn't working, why would you continue to do it? Try something else! ;) Good luck
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER in my life enjoyed exercise. Since I began MFP and began eating right and exercising to balance it out I have fallen in love with it. I feel so refreshed after every work out and I have been seeing incredible results. It is however hard at first (especially if your body is as out of shape as mine) but stick it out and you'll adapt! Start with what you enjoy doing and is exciting to you. I began spinning and although it was REALLY hard at first I stuck with it because I knew it would be beneficial. Now I'm an addict. Good luck and I hope you can get into your exercise!
  • jmshep426
    Options
    Hi, I need motivation too..... Here are some things that have worked for me..... If you have a dog, take the dog for a walk or walk with a friend that you like to talk with. Having someone with you takes all the thought out of it and has a tendency to make you do it for longer.
    Jump rope is super. It works everything and is fun, lots of bang for your buck if you will.
    Simple lunges from side to side are great too. What's nice about all of these is you can do them when you have time, start with 2 minutes at a time multiple times per day.... Just start somewhere. Set a goal for yourself and put it on paper. Maybe that will help too. Good luck, remember YOU are worth it.
  • JanS
    JanS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try getting an exercise dvd - I found that Jillian Michaels 30 day shred works. Jeez does she ever kick your butt and it's only 20 mins. I sweat more from doing that than I do from working out on the treadmill. The really good thing about it as well is that she targets different muscle groups in the same exercise. Means even if you have very little time you can still get the exercise in. You can do it!!!! :happy: