Isn't it weird and kind of Sad when...

Options
lexikaye22
lexikaye22 Posts: 28 Member
When You are doing so good in life and your close friends who you think are close tend to start stabbing at things that make you happy in your life? I don't know. I needed just see if other people have good friends that sometimes say little rude things here are there and think it is ok.:explode:

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well in my case I have a couple friends that think they know best for me....and unfortunately they don't have the same life circumstances as I do so they don't quite understand my life the way they think they do!
  • kendrafagan
    Options
    It sounds like your friend is very jealous of you and you gotta just know that you don't deserve to be treated like that. You need to surround yourself with positive people. I just had a good friend, who I thought was my best friend who was working for my company take advantage of me. He embezzled money and stole clients away from my business and really hurt me. So sometimes those who you love and trust dearly can really turn against you an surprise you. Just know it is not you or anything you did. Some people just aren't very nice.
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to have friend's like that, but I ended up deciding they weren't true friends and dumped them! Now its just my family that's like that =\
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are concerned about you? I don't know. I can't really comment without more information, and neither can anyone else.
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yup! You are totally not alone there. I think sometimes our friends say things like that because they are jealous or they don't understand something we do or maybe we've changed a little and they're just not used to it. But if your'e becoming a happier person that's all that matters! If they are a good friend and what they say really bothers you i'd suggest bringing it up with them. Chances are when called out they'll feel embarrassed and maybe they don't even realize what they say is so hurtful. I have a friend who always says negative things about my weight loss and gym routine. Not negative things about ME, but just how it must suck not to be able to eat anymore and stuff like that. Deep down I know she's scared because I've always been the fat friend and she knows if things keep up the tables are going to turn. So I choose to ignore her remarks because all in all she's a good friend and I know I'm happier and that's what really matters :).
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your friend is very jealous of you and you gotta just know that you don't deserve to be treated like that. You need to surround yourself with positive people. I just had a good friend, who I thought was my best friend who was working for my company take advantage of me. He embezzled money and stole clients away from my business and really hurt me. So sometimes those who you love and trust dearly can really turn against you an surprise you. Just know it is not you or anything you did. Some people just aren't very nice.

I think you might be projecting a bit.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    race card : politics :: jealousy card : MFP

Any reason to believe that it's jealousy, rather than assumption?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    After highschool I had quite a few people I called my friends, now I have a small handful at 28, but they are people who are caring, loving, supportive, and non-judgemental. I don't need crappy people in my life that put me down because they are unhappy with themselves.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    race card : politics :: jealousy card : MFP

Any reason to believe that it's jealousy, rather than assumption?

Cheers :drinker:
  • lexikaye22
    lexikaye22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    After highschool I had quite a few people I called my friends, now I have a small handful at 28, but they are people who are caring, loving, supportive, and non-judgemental. I don't need crappy people in my life that put me down because they are unhappy with themselves.

I need to just keep close people that love me for me around. Your right.