Day one Jillian Michaels kicked my *kitten*!!

Options
Yeah, I did it with my daughter; who is 20. She was able to do the whole 20 min but I had to stop several times and rest. Man, am I ever out of shape. How sad!

My question is: How many calories did I burn (or will I burn when I get better)? I am 5'8" and 150.

How often should we do this?

We are just starting to exercise together.

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great job on doing it! 20 minutes burns about 174 calories.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Which one are you doing?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    You can log it under circuit training. I thought it was supposed to be everyday, come to find out she intended for people to do it every other day.
  • alyssadiane
    Options
    well, i just got her two dvds ripped in 30 and 30 day shred. Whether it is meant for every other day or every day i think ill do it everyday its a fantastic workout along with turbojam. But yea she does push you extremely hard and i did have to stop as well alot. I felt bad but then thought about it and i was like my progress is gonna show soon enough. Kinda glad she does pushups alot cause i need that since my upperbody is weak as ever. But yea i will say it kicks your *kitten*...i had my clothes soaked in sweat and i could feel it all over.Keep doing it though
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the replies. It's the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred I believe.
  • debblacker
    Options
    I just started exercising again after a long time. Yesterday TurboJam and today Day one of the 30 day shred. It totally kicked my butt but everyday it will get better...I hope :)
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I did it for the 3rd time (first in 2 months) last night and I am SO sore this morning. My HRM said I burned 188, I had to puase a few times also because I got to the point I couldn't lift the weights up anymore, I think I need to get some lighter ones.. I have 5lb.. anyways, I'm so sore!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I did it for the 3rd time (first in 2 months) last night and I am SO sore this morning. My HRM said I burned 188, I had to puase a few times also because I got to the point I couldn't lift the weights up anymore, I think I need to get some lighter ones.. I have 5lb.. anyways, I'm so sore!

Oh wow! I am using 3 lb weights. I am sore this morning too! I guess I need an HRM at some point. Are you doing it alone or with someone?
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think you are supposed to do it everyday for 10 days each level.

I found that level 2 is easier than level 1, at least for me.

I use the 5 pound weights.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Alone.. and I think I need to go shopping for 3 lbs weights... I might have been overestimating myself lol.