vitamins

Options
should i keep buying my multivitamins at gnc, or do i even need them...also what about fat burners? i started taking them but stopped

Replies

• JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    depends on your diet.. most americans dont eat enough fruits and vegetables. If you feel like you are then no, you dont need them.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much nutrition you get from your food. If you're eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and other good sources of protein, and some low fat dairy, you might be fine without them. Vitamins and minerals are more efficiently absorbed when they come naturally in foods. But, if you eat a lot of junk food, fast food, and other processed/prepackaged foods, you might want to keep taking the multivitamins.
  • hubbalolo
    Options
    i need to eat more fruit and veggies then, eating healthy and saving money
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with the vitamins. I found out fat-burners only burn like 100 extra calories. I also learned that I can take asprin and drink a bunch of coffee if I want the same effect. I just drink coffee.

Vitamins. I like optimum nutrition.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Depends on the vitamins - a lot of them are synthentized vitamins and minerals and have a lot of fillers- I use a whole food daily vitamin, take fish oil and a vitamin D suppliment.

I wouldn't take a fat burner...all those are are various extracts of caffine and green tea extract...it could actually do more damage to your body...I would rather have a cup of coffee in the morning and a cup of green tea in the evening and call it good...

If you are eating a relatively clean diet with a good variety of veggies and fruit chances are you are getting a good amount of what you need on a daily basis...
  • hubbalolo
    Options
    where should i get my vitamins from? GNC? online?
  • hubbalolo
    Options
    where can I find optimum nutrition
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    The only vitamin I take is Vitamin D, as there is not enough sunlight in the winter. Otherwise I get everything from whole foods.

Doing a google search will bring up articles about why you should not take multi vitamins. Some studies have actually shown them to be harmful.