I'm Jonathan, and I'm new here...

Options
Hey MyFitnessPal community,

So, I've decided to jump fully into this MyFitnessPal site. I'm comfortable with using the Diet Tools (food tracker, exercise tracker, etc.). But the community aspect is going to take some getting used to.

Creating a profile? Blogging? Groups? Message Boards?

I'm willing to give it a try, in the hopes that I'll reach this ever elusive weight loss goal.

Come join me on my journey. I could definitely use some friends along the way...

~Jonathan

Replies

• TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This place can be so encouraging and supportive!! :)
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    good choice there are so many people that have succeeded by using MFP.

message booards ang groups shouldnt take you too long to get used to .

welcome !
  • jameskane
    Options
    hey jonathan. you've made a very powerful first step. this can be a great tool for weight loss. i'm pretty new here too but i have noticed that if i am feeling down or overwelmed. just look at the community message boards under success stories. you see alot of people that have lost the weight, which is great to see that it works, but more inportantly you see all the people who place replies congratulating them. it makes you feel all warm and cuddly like. nice to know perfect strangers are rooting for you. thats what i do anyways.

best of luck. you can do it
  • weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    Greetings from Downunder Jonathan!
    The difference between MFP friends and real friends is that we share a common goal!
    If you're struggling to stay positive or motivated...there's always someone you can talk to!
    It can be a difficult journey, but not one that you have to make alone
    Best of luck x
  • rochey1098
    Options
    This website is awesome, I'm much more aware of what I'm eating/burning these days and I love it. I hope you find it just as useful.

Best of luck
  • xhellokittycatx
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jonathan, you will have this site all figured out in no time......if you are looking for some supportive friends you can add me.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I definitely found that joining the community boosted my weight loss pace much faster than if I were just using the tools alone. Good for you for making that choice! Here's wishing you success in this long but rewarding journey!
  • nixon76k
    Options
    Wishing you the best of success! Hoping I can be part of your transformation, and that your spirit can help motivate me!