Random acts of fitness... What are yours?

Options
Every time I floss my teeth, I do toe raises - first w/toes straight out, then turned and finally, turned out. My calves are screaming when I finish and I've flossed the nastiness out. Then while I brush my teeth I do squats for the full 2 minutes that my Sonicare is working.

So, what random acts of fitness have snuck into your life?

Replies

• omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Every time I microwave my lunch at work I do squats while my food is heating up :)
  • micheeks
    micheeks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    While I'm brushing my teeth I do arm raises (raising the roof) or I do pelvic thrust when I am washing in the shower. ;)
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a sonicare and I am so going to try this tomorrow morning Thanks!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    wall pushups in the bathroom at work...I drink alot of water so I get in a lot of pushups lol...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I listen to music and dance around my apartment in my undies.

Does that count? :D
  • teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i teach preschool and early childhood. i take each of my classes to the gym and for the longest time would watch them run around, bike and climb through our giant space maze. i finally decided instead of watching, i was gonna chase them while they biked. i just kept going around and around and they LOVED it. they had no idea i was doing it for the calories! but it was two birds with one stone...interacting with the kids and burning calories at work!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    @Sunshine88 yep, dancing in your undies counts :)
    @photogrrl wall pshups are a great idea! I'm hopping that bandwagon!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I do pelvic floor exercises a lot. When I do the dishes, or waiting for a bus, or whenever really. I also tense my buttocks in and out while brushing my teeth and in the shower.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always take the stairs if I'm going anywhere from the 2nd floor to the 5th floor of a building. I also park at least a block away from anywhere I'm going. I figure a few extra steps here and there can't hurt.
  • sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I listen to music and dance around my apartment in my undies.

Does that count? :D

Hell ya it does!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    10 or 20 squats every time I go to the bathroom. Depends on if someone is knocking and wanting in - I have a 7 year old who needs to potty EVERY time she sees that door close!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have a pull up bar in my bedroom so every time I enter and leave the room I do a pull-up, sometimes 2. I live in a 3 story house so I always run up and down the stairs. I jump rope during TV commercials.
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started parking in the back of parking lots unless I'm in an extreme hurry.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I suck my gut in and hold while brushing my teeth. Calf raises at the microwave. Hamstring stretches every time I go to the bathroom. Leg kicks while making breakfast. A little bit here and there really helps.