don't wanna lose anymore booty :)

Options
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I've always had a somewhat flat butt and now that I'm working out more and starting to lose weight, i'm worried I'll lose even more of my bum. Any tips to help build a booty and shape it. I've been doing stairs daily and riding my stationary bike but i have a illness called cystic fibrosis that limits my ability to do any kind of extreme exercise. Please help!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Squats and Deadlifts!!! Go :D
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    go on all fours and do leg lifts
  • nbaxter1104
    Options
    I dont know if this would help, but one of my friends would walk two miles per day and sometimes four... and she walked it pretty slow. But by the end of the year she had a rock hard booty and it was pretty bubbly.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This just popped up today! Perfect timing i believe!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/got-glutes.html
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lunges!!
  • galafassi15
    Options
    Squats and lunges have really helped shape my bum. It may go down in size, but soon it perks right back up as you tone your glutes! I've also had a particular friend with a very, VERY flat booty do cycling, and now she's got a nicely toned backside.
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    just commenting so i can watch this post :) i'm also on a mission to get a hot butt hehe
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats & more squats! I read that you have CF & I don't know anything about it so I don't know how it impairs your ability to exercise specifically. I can tell you for sure though that if you want to grow a booty, you will need to develop your glutes. To develop them, you'll need to make them stronger & to get the definition you want in the least amount of time, you'll need a lot of resistance (i.e. progressive overload). Lift heavy & target 8-12 rep range, meaning you should lift enough weight that you fail between 8-12 reps, & by "fail," I mean you try to complete one more rep & physically can't do it (have a spotter!).

I had a completely flat & borderline rectangular *kitten* when I was still fat. I've been doing squats once a week for about a year & just for the past month or two upped it to 3 times a week. I am very pleased with the definition I'm getting & the feedback from the husband is good.

Step aerobics & elliptical are good glute exercises too, though neither gave me nearly as good results as lifting did.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    bump!
    (I want to bump up my booty too, and I'm curious to see everyone's answers)
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Lunges, Squats, Dead LIfts, Leg Lifts, & shimmies
  • sabbi3
    sabbi3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you everybody for the awesome tips, I will definitely check out some of the websites and will definitely add the lunges to my workout, wish me luck! :)