Most effective soda substitutes...

Options
So my fiancee and I kicked the soda pop habit in December 2009 and haven't really touched the stuff since. Apart from the occasional Jack & Coke or some other soda+alcohol concoction. And I wanted to tell you guys a few of the things that got us completely off the stuff.

Red Diamond Sugar Free Tea

red_diamond_gallon.jpg

Sparkling Ice

SparklingIce_web.JPG

Clear American (My favorite, and 64 cents a LITER)

0007874237243_215X215.jpg

Do you guys know anything else that would help people kick the habit? Post it here!

2.jpg

Replies

• ciaobellakiss
    Options
    cascade ice :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Lipton Diet Green Tea. LOVE the stuff. It's sweet enough to drink with foods I normally need to drink soda with... and it helps fill me up just a little.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i actually just like plain old club soda. with a lime or lemon. still fizzy and no crap in there, no artificial sweetners etc.

that ice stuff rocks, but i try to stay away from artificial things. but ya...it's GOOD!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Aw, didn't see COFFEE on there. I'm a black coffee fiend.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Aw, didn't see COFFEE on there. I'm a black coffee fiend.

I agree totally! I quit soda exactly 1 month ago and don't miss it at all. I went back to black coffee, 1-2 cups in the morning, water the rest of the day, and I don't miss it at all!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Lipton Diet Green Tea for me, also. Love love love it.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    How is Clear American better than pop? It's carbonated, and it has artificial sweeteners in it, so I don't understand why that is better for you than a diet coke or something.

Anyway, my doctor told me to lay off the coffee and pop for awhile due to some issues with digestion and acid. She said green tea was ok to drink. I don't enjoy it as much as coffee or cola, but it will do when I need a caffeine fix. I'm trying to drink lots of plain water, but I find the benefiber mixes are tasty and they help me go along with my doctor's advice that was specific to the issues I've been having.
  • gregs887
    Options
    I like to add a little fruit juice to a Pellegrino (sp?) or some other sparkling water. I don't drink soda but maybe a Diet Coke once a month.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I love clear american too....esp the berry acai or the raspberry ones...yum!
  • mk0811
    mk0811 Posts: 10
    Options
    I like to mix things with sparkling water when I need the carbonation fix. Apple juice is a favorite (reminds me of Martinelli's, which I LOVE) or some True Lemon with Trivia to make a quick lemonade.