nite time munchies.

Options
i thought that by eating according to the way my stomach would feel, that it would help me..but the hardest part is having the night time munchies, especially if your a nite owl like me.. am i the only one who feels this constant battle.. how do you over come this.while you want to eat something at this hour of the morning, knowing you shouldnt?

Replies

• Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I shedule a 1-2am snack when I work nightshift. If I plan for it then I don't eat stupid things:)
  • brownmami22
    Options
    It is a struggle for me as well because I work shift work and when I work nights I try and eat like a fuit cup or chocolate lowfat pudding it usually helps...

Hope I've helped:tongue:
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    AKKK! munchies. All the time. Mostly I find it caused by boredum.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i find this the hardest too! I try to drink tea when i want to snack at night. you can get some really nice fruity flavours and they keep you occupied for a fair bit
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Maybe have lower cal breakfast and lunch. That way you can have snack at night. If I have eaten 3 meals and a snack already I just don't eat. It is not easy with my living room right near the kitchen lol but I have to tell myself I have eaten ll I could and it is ok to feel hungry before bed.
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am a complete night owl. I even chose to take the night shift at my work!

However, the night time snacks are dangerous. I have changed it so I have either a fiber/protein bar at night, and some green tea or water to drink. I try to drink water first before I eat a snack to see if I am really wanting to eat those extra calories.

On nights I work, I exercise just 30 minutes harder to work off that night time snack/meal I am going to have inevitably. ( I work at a take out diner open to 3)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Get a good calorie burn and allow for extra calories.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yep, leave calories for night time eating if you are often awake at night and hungry. And try to eat fruits and veg in your night time snacking. I eat late ALL THE TIME, it's 0120 my time right now and I ate soup with macaroni noodles and a salad for dinner about half an hour ago. Is night time eating the best? Maybe not, but if you're eating a healthy amount of calories and not pigging out on junk food, eat if you're hungry. And certainly on night shifts!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    cut up an apple, get some biodynamic greek style yoghurt and use it as a dip to dip the apple in. Eat it slowly. By eating it slowly and the protein in the yoghurt will fill you up, and it's a low calorie snack.

It's my secret to snacking at night when I was in my weight loss phase :)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    When I get the night time munchies I'll often drink a glass of soy milk. It fills my belly but won't sour in my stomach if I fall asleep before it's digested (like most regular milk does to me). It definitely helps me to get over my night time cravings.