Dinner finished - 500 calories left.. what to eat?

Options
I didn't want to do this but I seriously don't know what to eat. Should I just grab a scoop of icecream or something? Hehe

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to do this but I seriously don't know what to eat. Should I just grab a scoop of icecream or something? Hehe

ONE question - Are you HUNGRY?

If you're not hungry, don't eat. End of story.

If you are hungry eat what you won't regret eating tomorrow. :)
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. DOn't force down emoty calories just to meet an assigned goal. If on the other hand you are hungry, have something nutritious.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Not overly hungry but I know I should be eating at the very least 1200 net a day
  • rochey1098
    Options
    If i had 500 to spare I'd have some nice cashew nuts or a big glass of milk right now... in fact i might go for a run and get some lol
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't think the occasional day where you stray below 1200 will matter, as long as it's not habitual. If you're peckish have a piece of fruit or some soup or something. To a large extent it will depend what you have available.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Not overly hungry but I know I should be eating at the very least 1200 net a day

You won't go into starvation mode if you fall below 1200 cals every once in a while. It's when you do it every day that you run the rist of slowing down your metabolism. Listen to your body. If you're not really hungry don't eat more just to get 1200 cals in.
  • lottie_28
    Options
    I would say eat, so you have your 1200 calories no matter if you don't feel hungry. If you eat less today you may get hungrier tomorrow and overeat, and if you haven't had 1200 yet I'm guessing you haven't eaten that much today. Treat yourself! A treat within your calorie limit now may prevent you eating the same thing over your calorie limit another day.
  • secretangel
    Options
    I agree with charliewild - If you eat less today, there is a hreat chance you would want to overeat tomorrow! So indulge yourself in fruits, roasted veggies, a smoothie or a low fat icecream scoop with fruits or gelatin for topping!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'll have them!!!!!! can we set up a calorie auction site ;)
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    urgh.......my problem every single day of my life.........I have 1250 left for today. I have to have dinner yet but I am not suspecting that will be over 300 or 400. So sometimes I have crap or alcohol to bring it up - I don't like doing this as it is not a natural thing for me to consume. It worries me because I suspect I have hit a plateau - but I just don't know what to do about it - I just don't get hungry and along with some other factors - I just can't eat that much. I worry for when I loose the lot and have to do 'maintenance' - I was looking on a site today and it was like 2800 cals a day - NO WAY I could eat that much!!!!!
    So, don't know what to offer you in the way of advice - interested in the replies you get though.
  • kristielouisa
    kristielouisa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll have them!!!!!! can we set up a calorie auction site ;)

:drinker: lmao :laugh:
  • MrsHeMan
    MrsHeMan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :happy: You def need to eat some more, even though you don't feel hungry you run the risk of your metabolism slowing down and your body storing the fat. Have a hot chocolate drink or an apple or even that scoop of ice cream :):wink:
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I worry for when I loose the lot and have to do 'maintenance' - I was looking on a site today and it was like 2800 cals a day - NO WAY I could eat that much!!!!!

WHOOPS..... *lose