Injured but don't want to stop

Options
I have got a slight injury...feels like a strain in my hip/groin/thigh area. I'm able to walk and did some pilates last night. It is slightly sore but i still want to exercise, mainly because i have my work xmas party on Friday which involves a big 3 course meal and drinks.

Any ideas on what i can do to keep working out without aggrevating the injury too much? I hate the feeling of not being able to train and i feel it affects my mental state too when i can't.

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yoga.

Yogayak on you tube has some great free vids that will stretch you out. Sry your area hurts :)
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Some calisthenics might be ok, you'd have to experiment to find out what hurts and what doesn't though. Walking is a great way to burn calories, it just takes a little longer. As long as you're not in pain, you're ok.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    situps and other floor exercises might be ok
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    Rest up little woman hard i know lol x
  • lisaf222
    Options
    what do you normally do for exercise??
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I can't rest!!!!!

Normally do throughout the week, Bodypump, spinning, running, body combat, walking.
  • lisaf222
    Options
    If your straining in to your hip/groin etc. it probably means that you are over using your global muscles ie. hip flexors and not using your core appropriately....or glutes for that matter. I would recommend missing combat and spin initially. The leg kicks in combat will be the most aggravating and if you do not have good posture whilst spinning you will also be overloading through your hips.
    You need to be stretching your hip flexors and quads, learn to activate your deep core muscles and glutes and you will reduce the load. When you are walking think about squeezing your bum, when you do pump watch your alignment of your back (that your not tilting your pelvis forward) and that the middle of your knee stays inline with the middle of the third toe (dont let your knee come in) as you squat.
    Hope that helps....