Goals and settings on MFP

Options
Hi there,

I am 5ft 9.5", female and I weigh 179 pounds. I do not know what my goal weight is really, but between 154 to 160 pounds would be nice.

I was using MFP pretty relgiously until the start of september and then I had a relapse and put back on all the almost 10 pounds I had lost. I'm back on the wagon for about a fortnight and the scales isn't really moving.

I have a desk job mon to fri and I tend to do all my exercise during mon to fri and I don't tend to do much exercise at weekends.

A typical day of the mon to fri week for me is:

- 30DS at home (I've just started this) or going to the gym for a workout on my own.
- A gym class for lunch
- another gym class for dinner
- the walk to and from work.

This all burns about 200 + 450 + 450 + 100 cals.

Today for example, so far I have done:

I did 30DS (200 cals) + spinning (450 cals) + walking (100 cals)

Shoud my settings be set to sedentary?

All help appreciated, I am not sure I am using the right settings.

xx

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there?

xx
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Seriously anyone?!!! xx
  • Tenar13
    Tenar13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job so set myself as sedentary - this lets me log anything from fitness classes to housework as excercise and eat back 75% calories (just in case any calculations are wrong. I have lost nearly a stone doing this so it seams to work. The only thing I had to do was increase my intake recently as I approach my goal weight (so I decreased my loss figure to 0.5lb a week).

Hope this helps.
  • WalkWell
    Options
    when you exercise you get exercise cal to burn off- if you also say u burn off more in your daily life then you will spend the calories twice that you onely earnt once.
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    What is 30DS and what is spinning? I know what walking is but these other terms are new to me. Thanks.

BTW, I love the picture of that dog. Too cute.