Exciting day for me!

Options
jclmrn
jclmrn Posts: 11 Member
Today I am no longer obese! Who would have thought I would be this excited about being considered overweight:-) After fighting with my weight for years & not having it go anywhere but up I finally did something about it in March of this year & went to see my Dr. I was completely mortified that I had hit 232.5 lbs. After lots of testing I was diagnosed with PCOS & as IR. Come to find out all the other medical issues I was experiencing didn't come from just needing to lose weight. Anyway, once I started following a low GI diet I started losing weight & feeling better which lead to being able to get out & move. A couple months later I found you guys - which was awesome! I am now officially 179 lbs. I still have quite a bit to go but I am feeling better than I have in 15 years. I have found exercise that I LOVE but had never thought I could do - like kickboxing, lifting weights & my ultimate love - kayaking! My kids don't know what to do with me & all my new found energy! Thanks for reading & have a great day:-)

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is so amazing for you! I am looking forward to that day myself...enjoy it!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Some fantastic accomplishements-- you should be very proud !! :)
  • rjmlb86
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats. I crossed the "obese" 30BMI earlier this month. It's nice to go around not thinking I'm clinically obese so I can imagine you are feeling great after going from 232.5 - 179!!

Congrats again! Onward to our next milestone be "Normal!!" We Can Do It :-)
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done you! *insert happy dance*
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! congrats! for my height and weight, i'm considered obese also. Before i had my daughter I had finally got down to "normal" and now i'm back at "obese" So I complete know how you feel! Way To Go! :happy:
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's surprising what can be done in less than a year. In late January I got serious about running and lifting...have lost 35 pounds and 'transferred' about another 15. (transferred is what I consider when the scale doesn't move but we lose inches- exchanging fat for muscle). Just be mindful of that on any charts- by charts I am still considered overweight but I wear mostly 8/10s and my fat composition is down to 20%. So they can do you know what with 'charts' as far as I'm concerned. You are doing awesome- keep up the good work & enjoy!
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    This made me smile. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!
  • ambie84
    Options
    I raise my glass of veggie goodness and say "cheers!" to you! way to go!
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    awesome! and congratulations! i recently moved from "morbidly obese" to "severely obese" lmao! i still celebrated! <3
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amazing, good job!:flowerforyou:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! You can do it!!!
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lots of exercise and tracking/planning meals really paid off for you. Not only are you proof that MFP can work, you are an inspiration to us all. CONGRATULATIONS
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!!!! Congratulations!
  • jclmrn
    jclmrn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats. I crossed the "obese" 30BMI earlier this month. It's nice to go around not thinking I'm clinically obese so I can imagine you are feeling great after going from 232.5 - 179!!

Congrats again! Onward to our next milestone be "Normal!!" We Can Do It :-)

Congrats to you too!!!!!! We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lemonlimecrime
    lemonlimecrime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! That's my goal too - I also have PCOS and IR. It can be really difficult for ladies like us, and you should be super proud!
  • cara19812
    cara19812 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Keep it going you are doing great, and keep us posted!!! :smooched:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
    I can relate! I am down to 200 lbs from 270 in March.
    I am working out 5 - 6 days per week and I have more energy than when I was in my 20's!

Keep up the good work!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am excited for you, Great Job! Keep up the good work.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That is absolutley AMAZING!!! Congratulations to you! I can't wait until I am in the overweight catergory also...I have 10lbs. to go. Have an awesome day!!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!