What are you eating?

Options
I have seen some post stating that the person is eating 100 or 1200 calories and having trouble eating them all. What are you eating? My goal is 1200 plus what ever exercise calories I eat. And I am usually going over some.

So I was wanting some ideas on things that I could eat that are low in calories but good for me.
Thanks for any help!

Replies

• JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    same here but when i look on peoples diary its nothing filling or apetizing that i would eat im stuck too lol x
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I eat foods I enjoy, I suggest you do the same.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yesterday....
    Breakfast: bowl of oatmeal with Greek yogurt, strawberries and honey

Lunch: two small La Tortilla Factory wraps with leftover T-Giving turkey, bacon, spinach, cheese, onion and ranch dressing

Dinner: Seared scallops with bacon, white kidney beans, spinach and onion

Snacks: slices of pear wrapped in perscutto (I'm spelling that wrong) and an oatmeal cookie.

All of this was serving size, no exercise and I was still under by 100 calories :)
  • Regito711
    Options
    Eat what I most call power foods. These are foods that pack tons of nutrients into a few calories. Things like Etamame, spinach, turkey, and oatmeal. And don't be afraid to supplement a protein shake.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have seen some post stating that the person is eating 100 or 1200 calories and having trouble eating them all. What are you eating? My goal is 1200 plus what ever exercise calories I eat. And I am usually going over some.

So I was wanting some ideas on things that I could eat that are low in calories but good for me.
    Thanks for any help!

Always veggies!!! They will fill you up with minimal calories :)
    The following is a so-called "free veggies" list; Alfalfa Sprouts, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Celery, Chinese Cabbage, Cilantro, Garden Cress, Endive, Escarole, Green Onion, Hot Peppers, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Parsley, Radishes, Spinach, Watercress, Zucchini.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love apples and peanut butter. Apples tend to satisfy a sweet tooth and they keep you full with all thier fiber. For breakfast I have found that egg white omelets with bacon bits, low fat cheese, and any veggies are really good and less than 200 cals.
    I also buy "45 calories and delightful" sara lee bread. I hate giving my calories away to bread. Begals thins are really good. I also like to eat alot of turkey sandwiches for lunch with fruit and for dinner I ussually have shake and bake chicken, baked potato, steamfresh veggies, and a spinach salad.
    Parkay has a spray butter with no fat, calories, cholesterol, etc. It has 5g of sodium for every 5 sprays...which I love, I do everything with it!
    I also switched from 80/20 hamburger to 93/7 hamburger, and turkey hamburger.
    I noticed if I buy "light", no added sugar. low fat, etc it seems to shave alot of calories off things which allows me to be able to eat more. Good luck, I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • cosanders22
    Options
    Hello, I enjoy tabouli which is a salad of tomatoes, parsley, wheat bulger, spices, lemon juice. Talapia is also a healthy fish and great grilled. For breakfast a good protein rich meal would be a boiled egg, cheese, grapes and a muslie muffin/whole wheat bread w/peanut butter.
  • rst307
    Options
    I usually detox weekly by eating only fruits, veggies and drinking water at least 5 days a week.

Breakfast - grapes and water
    Snack - apple and water
    Lunch - salad (w/ spinach, green peppers, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots (and other veggies) with a oil based dressing (olive oil, etc.)) and water
    Snach - orange and water
    Dinner - boiled cabbage (or a vegetable soup) and water
    Snach - watermelon (or other fruit) with water

The goal is to cleanse your body of toxins and get in the habit of drinking at least 96 ounces of water a day.

Good Luck!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Consider increasing your calorie allowance a little. I'm sure you'll still lose and it won't be such a drastic change. I could never do 1200 calories per day either - that's just way too low! I'm set at 1400 but typically average more like 1500.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Also for lunch you could eat a spinach salad. It is amazing how few calories are in freash spinach and it has tons of flavor! I could literally eat a whole bag and be at around 150 calories, but It takes me about 5 days to finish a bag so thats awesome!!
  • dlara0107
    dlara0107 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    fruit and veggie detox sounds great..thanx for tipp!
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    remember this is a lifestyle change not a race to the finish my calorie goal is high i have a long ways to go but i know from previous if i take it off fast i will get tired of eating like that and put it back on really fast.. Make changes such as turkey for beef and mustard for mayo greek yogurt for sour cream as long as you writing everything down and watching portions it will come off maybe not as fast as you like but if you make changes you can live with the rest of your life it will stay off..
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fibre. Add it to everything to fill you up. Use beans, nuts, seeds, fruit - find the fibre and load up!

I use chia seeds, ground flax and hemp hearts everyday. I've always got different kinds of beans or lentils around to throw into my foods or make a salad. I eat an apple every day.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use alot of recipes from Cooking Light and Eating Well which generally keep my dinner around 500-700 calories. I was eating a light breakfast - like yogurt or oatmeal and then a light lunch as well - soup/crackers, a shake, salad but I have kind of stopped eating breakfast and I don't feel the need to snack before lunch so I have just been eating a bit more at lunch. I eat fruits and veggies for snacks and some lowfat cheese options.

Breakfast foods are a great dinner option - I enjoy eggs, bacon and pancakes or breakfast tacos on corn tortillas weekly because those meals are generally around 500 calories and keep me filled up!

Chicken Fajitas on corn tortillas are also a tasty filling low calorie meal.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    *never had any trouble meeting my calorie goals*

Check out www.snack-girl.com and www.dailygarnish.com for healthy food ideas.

The more real the food the more your body gets out of it. I'm active so it's never been trouble to meet my calorie goals. Those that can't are filling up on processed food.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I usually detox weekly by eating only fruits, veggies and drinking water at least 5 days a week.

Breakfast - grapes and water
    Snack - apple and water
    Lunch - salad (w/ spinach, green peppers, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots (and other veggies) with a oil based dressing (olive oil, etc.)) and water
    Snach - orange and water
    Dinner - boiled cabbage (or a vegetable soup) and water
    Snach - watermelon (or other fruit) with water

The goal is to cleanse your body of toxins and get in the habit of drinking at least 96 ounces of water a day.

Good Luck!

Actually clenses and detoxes are just a myth. Please talk to your doctor--you could be harming your body's beneficial bacteria in your gut and possibly damaging your immune system.

Worthless and even dangerous:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-purging-myths
  • rst307
    Options
    It's a basic vegetarian diet that requires you to eliminate fatty foods and make healthier food options. It's not harmful at all. :-)