HELLO LAAAAAAADY!

Options
Hello people. I've been on and off MFP for awhile now but ready to start being involved in the "community" for some additional inspiration, motivation, accountability, etc.

I'm a single mom of 2 and a full-time college student who also likes to have time for hobbies and spending time with friends/family. I know how time-consuming exercise and eating healthy can be!

I've lost 45lbs since my son was born through changing my eating habits and exercising daily. I've completed 30 Day Shred and Insanity and dabbled in Turbo Fire, Chalene Extreme and P90X (never completed any of these all the way through). I also love TaeBo and I have karate classes several times a week for a few hours.

I just started a "clean eating" challenge and I'm trying to limit sugars, processed foods and dairy in an attempt to get back on track after Thanksgiving indulgence. I have a few guilt-free cheats so I don't get burned out. ;)

I've been at a weight plateau for about 5 months (including through Insanity!). I try not to focus on the weight on the scale too much since I have dropped a size in clothing and several inches in measurements during that time. But I do have a "goal" weight because I need something concrete to "aim" for in order to stay focused and motivated. My goal weight is flexible based on the changes my body makes (I'm fine with being a higher weight with a body that contains more muscle).

Tomorrow I'm starting a P90X/Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid (I get bored easily!) and hopeful I will get some awesome results and stay committed for the entire 90 days!

I'm already at a "healthy" weight and after years I have finally learned to love my body. There are certain areas I dislike and want to work on improving...but overall, I can look in the mirror and be happy with what I see. While I think this is a good thing from a mental standpoint, it also makes me unmotivated sometimes. I have a body image that I'd love to attain but sometimes I just say, "Ya know, I'm happy with myself now...I don't NEED to do this" and use that as an excuse to be complacent (or eat an extra few cookies!). I'm hoping to avoid that so I can bust through this plateau and get myself back on track to reach that goal!

Replies

• coachLisaF
    coachLisaF Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon, My name is Lisa and Im a TBB coach, I love BB products and it sounds like you do too, as well as others! I love helping ithers get into shape all while being held accountable myself..I have some challenges starting on the 12th..feel free to jump in if ya wish. Glad your here!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love beach body products as well! I'm almost 1/2 way through P90X right now and I plan on starting Turbo Fire when I'm finished. I also get bored easily and need lots of variety in my workouts! Good luck! ~Jessica :happy:
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    I love ChaLEAN Extreme and Insanity too! And the others you mentioned. I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift right now. Love it ;)
    Glad you're reaching out. This community is awesome.
    I'm a TBB coach as well, and I just LOVE the enthusiasm and encouragement I see and feel from all on this site.
    I'm a mom of four kids - 6, 4, 4, and 2. I find my workouts are my time to build back my sanity! Life gets a little crazy!
    You can do it! Best of luck. Happy to be friends here and support one another.

-Angie