HI Everyone

Options
Hi my name is Kelly and I am 38 years old, I am married and have 1 daughter age 5. And my goal is to lose weight and keep it off. A friend of mine sent this link to me, I am very anixous to see if this will help me keep the weight off.
I am very active person, I love playing beach volleyball, volleyball on grass, walking, jogging & and most of all chasing balls around the yard with my daughter. So I don't think I have a problem getting enough activity in my daily routine. My problem is the intake of food each day of the week. So I will need all the support I can get to help me stay focus.

thanks

Replies

• Gokel09
    Gokel09 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi my name is Kelly and I am 38 years old, I am married and have 1 daughter age 5. And my goal is to lose weight and keep it off. A friend of mine sent this link to me, I am very anixous to see if this will help me keep the weight off.
    I am very active person, I love playing beach volleyball, volleyball on grass, walking, jogging & and most of all chasing balls around the yard with my daughter. So I don't think I have a problem getting enough activity in my daily routine. My problem is the intake of food each day of the week. So I will need all the support I can get to help me stay focus.

thanks
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! Welcome to this wonderful site! I only joined a week ago, but so far it has been very helpful. You just have to be sure to log EVERYTHING that you eat. That is the key. Every little nibble. Last week, I lost 2.8 pounds. So, I say it's a good thing. We'll see when I weigh next week. :wink: Good Luck to you!
  • jadeca
    jadeca Posts: 7
    Options
    This is a great place to start watching your caloric intake. I've used diff diets in the pasts. LC (low carb)
    LF (Low Fat) but now I am using the Calorie which is easier for me since there are alot of snacks that you can buy now that are 100 packs. or Less. I use the small saucer plates and always use a measuring cup for my food. It helps to gain prospective. Don't eat while watching T.V. or if you have to choose a LC snack. I bought celery cleaned it seperated and cut them up in smaller pieces I set the plate on the table and through out the day I munch on celery. Not the most delicious food but then you will eat less because it doesn't taste so great and you can always add cream cheese or Peanut butter. GOod Luck.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Gokel09
    Options
    How did you posted your ticker on your blog pages. For some reason I am having a hard time getting that posted. :
  • Gokel09
    Options
    Thanks
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    to post it so it shows like mine on these boards, go to your homepage and then go to settings and then go to change forum signature, and you will know what to do from there. I hope this helps.