This 1- 1.5lb/wk blows. I need a QUICK FIX.

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
Isn't there a pill I can take? Or maybe a magic powder I can sprinkle on my cheeseburgers? (~wink~)

Sure, I "didn't put on 35 lbs in a week, how could I expect to take it off in a week?", But I DID put it all on in 3 months, so can i, pretty please, i'll give you a dollar - take it off in the same three months?

Hrm, let me satisfy my math mind and see how unrealistic it really is that I'm asking.

I was going through a super stressful time and for months, I pretty much stopped eating except for a sandwich every few days or so. I lost all my weight from baby #3, lost my "extra ten pounds", got to my holy-hell-i'm-skinny weight, and then to top it off, I bypassed my lowest i should ever be mark by another ten pounds. (not bragging - i was ultra unhealthy and effed up my body's metabolism and gained it all back, plus some)

Good shiat happened and I got happy again. I ate. And in 3 short months, I gained back those necessary 10 pounds ~AND~ twenty five more pounds, just for good measure. (That'll teach me about losing weight unhealthily!) Starting out, I only needed to lose 25 lbs. I have lost 5 pounds. So 20 pounds in 3 months? Is that possible? 20 / 3 months x 4.3 (average # of weeks in a month) == 1.55 lbs / week.

Heh. I just proved my whiny, snivelling little girl kicking the dirt with fists clenched chanting "This ISN'T FAIR!!!" self completely and totally wrong. I wanted 3 months? Well, that's exactly (i hope) the amount of time I'll need.

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Slow is good. You are more likely to keep it off that way. I know what you mean, but the turtle won the race. :flowerforyou:
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Check out fit2fat2fit.com. He's a personal trainer who intentionally gained 60 lbs in 6 months and intends to lose it all in 6 more months. He has precise meal and workout plan on his website.

And I noted the humor in your post, but there is no such thing as a quick fix... unfortunately :/ (if there is... it's unhealthy, like you said!)

Good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Good shiat happened and I got happy again. I ate. And in 3 short months, I gained back those necessary 10 pounds ~AND~ twenty five more pounds, just for good measure. (That'll teach me about losing weight unhealthily!) Starting out, I only needed to lose 25 lbs. I have lost 5 pounds. So 20 pounds in 3 months? Is that possible? 20 / 3 months x 4.3 (average # of weeks in a month) == 1.55 lbs / week.
    Might be possible at first, but the closer you get to your goal weight the slower your loss should be (set a smaller goal the less you have to lose):
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

so your goal should be 1/lb/week now, and that should change to 0.5 for your last 10-15 lbs, this will help ensure that it is fat and not muscle you are losing, not to mention it gradually increases your caloric intake to help prepare you for maintenance calories.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way- get depressed and lose a crap load of weight. Get happy= get fat.

Been there, done that... here I am.... trying to be happy and healthy.
  • sarajmitch79
    Options
    I agree completely, I've been looking for that magical overnight pill so that I can wake up and put my size 5 jeans on again.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Might be possible at first, but the closer you get to your goal weight the slower your loss should be (set a smaller goal the less you have to lose):
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

so your goal should be 1/lb/week now, and that should change to 0.5 for your last 10-15 lbs, this will help ensure that it is fat and not muscle you are losing, not to mention it gradually increases your caloric intake to help prepare you for maintenance calories.

party pooper. (:tongue: )
  • EarthquakeZinGirl
    Options
    The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno. I'm beginning day three of the first cycle and I'm down 4 pounds. I don't feel the least bit deprived and I am actually having a hard time packing 1200 calories into a day. The program consists of three 17 day cycles--each one a little bit more food flexible--most people can expect to lose five to ten percent of their body weight in the first 17 day cycle. The weight loss halves in the next cycle, and the halves again in the third cycle.

My "diet" in the first cycle consists of plenty of protein, tons of veggies, two plain greek yogurts a day, and two fruits. I drink a hot green tea with each meal and plenty of water throughout the day.

This is the best thing I've ever tried. I was able to go out to dinner last night for my anniversary--ate a tomato salad and four ounces of chicken breast and had a glass of Syrah--and I still didn't go over my calorie limit (although, red wine is technically not allowed until cycle two--but it was my anniversary!).

I highly recommend the 17 Day Diet.