Tension Headaches

Options
I suffer from tension headaches pretty much every single day. I know it's related to stress and tension in my neck/shoulders. It seems that no matter what I do, it's still there! I've tried yoga, meditation, stretching, relaxation... its still there!!! Anyone get past tension headaches naturally?? I'm pretty desperate at this point =\

Replies

• MrsVagus
    Options
    Chiropractic!

http://www.acatoday.org/content_css.cfm?CID=2186

My husband is a chiropractor and many of his patients get headache relief from adjustments.
  • gammybarb
    gammybarb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use lavendar oil on my temples. Lavendar had soothing qualities that helps calm you and relieve stress. Other than that a bed buddy helps. if you don't have one pour some white long cooking rice in a tube sock until it's 3/4 full. Tie the end so the rice doesn't fall out. Heat it in your microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes (depending on how high your microwave heats) and lay it around your neck. It should stay warm for close to 20 minutes. of course you can re-nuke it as many times as you like and it lasts for years.
    Hope you feel better.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Have you tried acupuncture?
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes, but please ignore this if it is offensive. I tell God my problems and wait with great expectations. Also, avoid anything and situations that increases turmoil. Work hard, be honest and kind. This will help you. The good in me honors the good in you.
  • SooZ1138
    Options
    I'm scared of the chiro... I visualize the cracking noise sending me into a tizzy =\

I haven't tried a hot press yet... great idea! I love the smell of Lavendar, too. I'll try that as well!

Acupuncture: Yes... but VERY expensive. I'm pinching pennies as it is and my insurance doesn't cover it =(
  • Craigberrow
    Craigberrow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Did you ever resolve your tension headaches? I've had them all my memorable life and although not crippling they do impart on my quality of life!! My head is always fogging with a dull ache. I'm nearly 37 years old and have these dull aches minimum 6 out of 7 days.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    DEACTIVATED account. She had the headache.