50 lbs lost in 3 months 8 days!

Options
Hi all. I have been a long time lurker here and can't say enough good things about MFP! I started this journey on August 22, 2011 and today I hit the 50 pounds lost mark. I am feeling fantastic and invincible! I decided to lose some weight this summer after just not feeling great. For the first time in my life I was really tired and realized just how much of life I was missing out on because of my weight. I have been heavy most of my life and I remember being in grade 5 when my family Doctor at the time suggested I lose weight. Fortunately I found a way to be a confident large woman. I owned it so to speak and I worked really hard at maintaining my confidence despite always being the largest woman in the room. However, after summer holdiays I just said out loud to all the people I care about that I was going to lose at least 100 pounds and so far I am kicking butt! I have poured over these message boards and I read at least 10 success stories each day which inspire me always. I have found so much information here that I have profoundly changed the way I view this challenge. I finally get it now. If it isn't sustainable long term, I am not interested in going there. Everything I have been doing to lose this weight I ask myself everyday - "Am I prepared to do this level of exercise for the rest of my life, can I conitnue to eat this way for the rest of my life?" If the answer is no, I move on and find something that is sustainable. I am thrilled that I don't feel deprived. Every single food good and bad is always an option to eat, I just make sure it fits in the calorie count or that I earn it through working hard on my exercises. Recently, I knew I was slowing down and I wasn't seeing the type of losses I was accustomed too. As well, it occured to me that as my daily calorie allowance was getting lower so was my energy. For days I agonized over increasing my calories as so many have suggest on this site. I finally decided to up my calories from 1290 to 1560 per day. Wow! What an incredible difference those calories made. That was 9 or 10 days ago and I have lost 6 pounds since I did that. Incredible. I know that there are so many arguements about whether to eat exercise calories or not, whether to increase calories or not but I can tell you first hand that it works. I just knew that eating 1290 calories for the next year to reach my goal was totally unstainable not to mention that I don't want to get to my goal only to discover that my maitenance calorie count will be incredibly low! I have also started lifting heavy. I bought a kettle bell 10 days ago and I am so impressed with the results. I work with a heavy kettlebell for 10 minutes every other day and already I know my legs and core are stronger. Depsite really working hard on my walks and on my stationary bike, nothing gets my heart rate up like the damn bell! I feel really pumped about the next 50 pounds to lose and I love that not only am I losing fat but I am making my body stronger every day. Thanks to everyone who posts on this site. You are all an inspirtation! If I can lose this weight anyone can! I never thought that in 3 months and 8 days I would be able to experience a 50 pounds loss on the scale. Keep up the good work everyone!

Replies

• cynfullcyn
    cynfullcyn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! keep up the good work it's not easy but you can do it!
  • aimeezingone
    aimeezingone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    Options
    That's great. Keep up the good work.
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tany27
    Tany27 Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow...That is brilliant...Congrats!!!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    fantastic congrats
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    way to go! that is an amazing story and very inspiring! keep up this attitude!
  • Brisin87
    Options
    Wtg such inspire by this post
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's totally amazing.....Keep up the great work :-)
  • rhabooba123
    Options
    That is a great story. I am not losing any weight even though I stay within my 1200 calories a day. I work out every day for at least 30 to 50 minutes, and eat the calories I exericise. So your story lets me know this program works.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    good job! you are doing awesome!
  • chrysco
    Options
    that is awesome news!!! i have 100 lbs to lose too. i just found this site a couple of weeks ago, a friend turned me onto it. Were doing it together so to speak!!! Anyways, thanks for shareing that really motivates me to stick to this and get my life on track where it needs to be. i havent always been overweight so it is something that i have a hard time accepting. i like how you said you are confident being a large woman. However i dont feel the same...i hate it!!! So here i go on my journey to better my health and life. Thanks again for your story it is really inspiring. Have a great day, keep up the work and Good Luck on your journey!!!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are becoming a success story as well!!!!!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are totally rocking it!
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    way to go!
  • loraflock
    Options
    How amazing! You have inspired me! Thanks for the tip about the calorie intake. I'm going to try it and see how it works for me! :flowerforyou:
  • kaitbird
    Options
    WOW! thanks for sharing. i really appreciate you writing out your story!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are an inspiration!
  • shantelleclarke
    Options
    That's incredible! Way to go! Such an inspiration...!
  • dwcezscd0c
    Options
    I think you are at the same place I was 10 days ago. I promise up your calories, stick with it even though it's scary. I just can't believe that every morning I am seeing a loss of .5 or 1 pound since I did that. I was eating my exericse calories as well when I was at 1290 but sure felt sluggish. You really do have to eat to lose! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!