reverse phone number

Options
Shayyy01
Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
Does anyone know a way to get information on a number with out having to pay for it?
My little brother is being harassed and we want to find out who it is before we go to the police?
Thanks

Replies

• Labcoathipster
    Options
    You can google it. There is also an online program that costs a few dollars per search and it can get you plenty of phone information.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried calling from a landline and asking who it is? That would be my first step. I would probably also block it when I called.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Oh yeah, and it does cost money. oops I should read better before I post. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you are in Canada you can do Canada 411 and do a reverse phone number search. Not sure where you are located but 411 would be my starting point. That being said, cell phones and unlisted numbers will not be listed. Is there an option with his phone provider that he can block a number?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Google
    "411 reverse phone number". If he can, record every conversation, with him clearly telling the person to stop. Write down time and length of every call.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    there is a website where you type in the number and it gives who the number is assignned to. i think it only works for home numbers though. i have used it in the past, but not in a few years
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me...sometimes a quick google search will do the trick, especially if the number is a "repeat offender."

What exactly is the person saying to your brother?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Just enter it into your search bar. You can probably get a name without having to pay, unless they're unlisted. Or as someone else suggested, call the number back and ask who it is. I have a feature on my home phone that I can block numbers for free and it won't go to voicemail, so if it continues you can look for a phone like that.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Try this website:

http://www.namefromphone.com/index.php/default/register/

It is free, but you have to sign up for it.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    This was the banner when I clicked on this thread:

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/index.do?adID=027-0000000226&adsource=27&TID=4&searchtab=phone&sourceid=22|192|332|2|www.myfitnesspal.com|7465205814|a
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can go to anywho.com for free. Only problem is, it doesn't work for cell phone #s.
  • JUDGEDBY1
    Options
    Well in Perth, you just call the company and tell them about the calls and they tell you the number, or change your number for you or they themselves will give the caller a warning.
    Hope that helped :-)
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    TRY ANYWHO.COM
    CLICK ON REVERSE LOOK UP
    TYPE IN THE NUMBER
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    www.whitepages.com

has reverse phone number too