I need help!!!!

Options
I have lost pretty much of all of my baby weight from my last child she is now 2 1/2 I just have like 10 lbs to go and I just can't seem to get there!!!! I work out 5 days a week, but my eating habits have been soooo bad!!! and my evenings are the worst I just snack and snack, I cant seem to get out of this slump and I don't know what to do!!!!. I keep moving farther and farther away from my goal. I know I am the only person that can make the change I just think I lost my motiviation this time and I can't get it back. :mad:

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Find something to do with your hands at night. Try brushing your teeth every hour for a few nights. Stock your house with snacks you hate or at least dislike. Remember - you can break a habit in 21 days.
  • qisoundraflowers
    Options
    Congrats on the current weight loss. I am new to MFP and I would like to know how to use the website in a productive way. Any information would be helpful.

Thank You
  • bassklan
    bassklan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It's only taken me 18 yrs after my baby and I'm still not there yet!! LOL But seriously, fruits and veggies! Watch Forks Over Knives, Food Matters, etc. You can find them on netflix or just watch the video or youtube! Not only will it lose weight, detox, and you'll be full of energy!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Find something to do with your hands at night. Try brushing your teeth every hour for a few nights. Stock your house with snacks you hate or at least dislike. Remember - you can break a habit in 21 days.
    I love that idea of stocking the house with stuff you don't like! Nice one!
  • chevy3501002
    chevy3501002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your input!! every little bit helps. I think my worst times are from 7-9 !! so I just need to find something, and if I can just stick with it then it won't be as hard!!. I do like the idea of having snacks that I dont eat!. I do very well at logging on every day on this site but it don't help when I don't track I know that it don't work if you don't track!!!!. I love reading all the stories on here and how well people are doing!!!
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Throw out all snack food.

Build some healthy mini-meals into your schedule: like black beans and salsa with corn chips, miso soup with tofu (instant is still yummy) or a salad.

Keep on logging every bite!

When you want to snack, tell yourself it's okay. You CAN snack. But first you have to drink 2 glasses of water and second you have to earn it with exercise.

Make sure the foods you do get to eat are super, super yummy and that you get a great low calorie beverage with it (hot tea, for example).

I know sometimes is it really hard to feel motivated. I fell off of myfitnesspal for several months when I was 10lbs from my goal. I'm just starting again now and I'm lucky I didn't gain more than 5-10lbs (no scale here but there are pants in my closet that won't lie to me). Can you make a short term goal, like, TODAY I won't snack and tomorrow I can eat whatever I want. Then I'll go 2 days without a snack... Would that work for you? I'm a cold-turkey girl and as long as I know that I have snack foods available that I can eat and stay under goal then I'm okay (today it was Maria cookies with caramel spread and 6 m and ms).

Good luck! You can do it!
  • chevy3501002
    Options
    I think I am a cold turkey kind of person!!! I have been drinking alot of Crystal light, I can' just drink plain water, but the crystal light is good. I will poor a glass after dinner and drink that, THe only problem I have been having is I will still snack!!.
  • destump
    Options
    I have started to develop new habits and a couple that are helpful-- try to only eat at the table. This seems silly, but if you train yourself to only eat there, you will be less inclined to walk around or snack in front of the TV. Also, I am going to try and have fruit for dessert to try and curb my sweet tooth--get some extra vitamins at the end of the day!
  • chevy3501002
    Options
    Thank you that is a very good tip!!! I do tend to eat alot away from the table!!!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Do something to keep yourself busy when that snack craving hits. I'll do a load of laundry, clean the bathroom, vacuum, play a game, whatever else you can think of to take your mind off the snacking.
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do the same as a few other people here, in our house we only have food in the kitchen no where else and I have this thing that once I brush my teeth it feels final for the night. (Like last night I went to Choir pratice at 6:45 and brushed before I went, when I got home I just did my Ripped in 30 and hit the hay)... good luck!!!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I do the same as a few other people here, in our house we only have food in the kitchen no where else and I have this thing that once I brush my teeth it feels final for the night. (Like last night I went to Choir pratice at 6:45 and brushed before I went, when I got home I just did my Ripped in 30 and hit the hay)... good luck!!!

Good tip!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!