weight loss going slower than i would like

Options
hi guys,

need some advice. i really feel i am doing well as far as my exercise and diet goes and my weight loss seems to be going a lot slower than it has when i have previously lost weight. the only thing i can think of that is majorly different to other times i most nights i probably dont go to bed before 3am just because i find it hard to switch off so i dont really try to.
so i guess my question is whether anyone knows if lack of sleep can hinder weight loss????

thanks natalie :smile:

Replies

• anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have recently seen a lot of articles that lack of sleep does affect weight loss. Have you tried switching it up?
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Yes sleep patterns can affect weight loss and/or gain.
    Is your weekly weight loss goal appropriate for the amount you have to lose. Here is a guide to safe caloric deficits set through weekly weight loss goals, on top of these goals you should also be eating most or all of the cals back that you burn through exercise:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yes. also is connected with coritzol levels which can stay up when you are up late.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How much are you losing per week?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is going slower than I would like too. I would like to lose about 50 lbs this week. I find I do much better averaging .5-1 pound a week. If I do that, I don't have as many cravings and I am overall happier which means more to me than doing it quickly. How much you do/don't sleep, how much you eat/don't eat, how much you do/don't exercise, genetics and a host of other factors do play a part in how quickly you lose weight.
  • natbc1985
    natbc1985 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my son is now 21 wks and i have lost 12lb since i had him :smile: