Strength training DVD for women

Options
I'm looking for a new strength training DVD. I really love Jillian Micheals, does she have any? Is Shred it with Weights any good? Are there any other trainers similar to her at all? I'd love some recommendations. I'm at my goal weight so my next goal is to get toned, but I don't want to be bulky, just lean. Thanks :)

PS: Always looking for new friends too! Open diaries are preferred. :)

Replies

• mvandommelen
    Options
    Chalene Extreme is awesome strength training for women and I love Chalene as an instructor!!!
  • goblue443
    Options
    I love Jillian too. I haven't tried Shred It With Weights but I like the 30 day shred for a quick workout (I don't do the program but use the routines) I also like her No More Trouble Zones Tape.

I would also recommend Chris Freytag, she has workouts on Exercise TV (I get them for free ondemand with my cable even though I dont get that channel so I would look into it). She has a lose 10 lbs in 28 days program that uses an Extreme Total Body strength routine that I really love. She also has about 40 minute workouts that are especially for upper or lower body.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Chalene Extreme!! I am doing it right now. Highly recommend. If you need any support let me know!
  • cary0921
    Options
    Check out the P.I.N.K method,The Shred and 6weeks to 6 pack abs by (Jillian Michael's) def strength training with or with out weights :)
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Chalene Extreme gets a vote from me too!
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love Chalean Extreme also!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love her No More Trouble Zones. It's a 45 minute workout and you use the weight pretty much the whole time. I use 5lb instead of the 3lb and it is an amazing workout.
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am a big jillian fan but also like cathe friedrich and was using her dvd's long before jillian was on the scene. now i use both.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It you want to build strength and still maintain lean body lines and no bulk I recommend Ellen Barrett's CD's. I do Yogini and Skinny Sculpt. They are a blend of yoga, pilates and strength that are a lot more challenging than they look. You'll burn some fat, too, but it isn't high energy jumping around. She has a whole series of different CD's that focus on tone, strength and flexibility.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have one by Jari Love, but I like working out to men strength workouts. I have the following: You should be able to go to Collagevideo.com and view some of the workouts or go to youtube.

1. Men's Health The Belly OFF Workout, The Body Weight Routine

2. Men's Health: The Belly Off! Workout - The Strength Training Routine

3. Men's Health: 15 Minute Workout

4. The Abs Diet

5. The Abs Diet 2. I love working out with Terry Simpson.

6. Supreme 90 Day is a good workout program. You get 10 dvds for $19.99 (Walgreens, Target, Bed Bath Beyond (I've seen it here for $9.99), The Dollar General Store, etc.) You can preview the workouts on their site.
  • wwcheapway
    Options
    Yes there are a few by Jackie look up on amazon. They are great get you tone and wont bulk you up.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation for Chalean Extreme. It is the only dvd program (that I know of) out there that even comes close to real strength training. JM videos are not strength training.