Kinda a health question???

Options
klynn08
klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
Ok so I was wrapping xmas gifts and stuck a piece of tape to my bottom lip for a second until i needed it but when I pulled it off it literally ripped the skin off of my lip! I know I should have figured that would happen but anyways my question is it's not bleeding or anything but i can see the area it pulled off, is there anything I should put on it to help it heal? And also will it turn into a cold sore or anything? Ive never had one before...

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nuttin but time...
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Cold sores come from viruses - might be a bit red and inflammed for a while, but it won't be a cold sore
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The real question is how many calories were in that sticky stuff, cuz I am sure some got in your mouth!! hahahahaah

You shouldn't get a cold sore if you have never had one - they are caused from a virus. I would put a thin layer of neosporin on it and call it good.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    alright haha thanks guys!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The real question is how many calories were in that sticky stuff, cuz I am sure some got in your mouth!! hahahahaah

You shouldn't get a cold sore if you have never had one - they are caused from a virus. I would put a thin layer of neosporin on it and call it good.

Love it!!!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A little bit of lip balm (I like Nivea) will protect it while it heals so it doesn't get chapped. A cold sore is caused by a virus so that shouldn't be a problem.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you have any Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment, keep a thin layer of that on the area so it doesn't scab over and get icky.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    neosporin
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    peel the rest of your lips off so it matches, then follow the other advice givers.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who wore braces through her teenage years and several basketball seasons...lip injuries heal fairly quickly. :smile: Just give it time.