Plz Read!!

Options
"IT WILL HURT.
It will take time.
It will require dedication.
It will require willpower.
You will need to make healthy decisions.
It Requires Sacrifice.
You will need to push your body to its max.
There Will Be Temptation.
But, I Promise you, when you reach your goal, it's
WORTH IT." -Unknown

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!
  • nursepent
    Options
    Like it!! It's motivational!!! Thanks!!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Exactly!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    BLAM!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    *LIKE*
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i like it
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Will it require push-ups? I HATE those!

Good post. Thanks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to hurt. In fact, it shouldn't hurt.

And you don't have to push your body to the max. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or that it won't hasten weight loss, but it's not necessary.
  • carmenf21
    carmenf21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Im sorry but for me this quote was very motivational.. you might see things differently!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    that sums it up!
  • czechsmate
    Options
    ^^^^ Im sorry but for me this quote was very motivational.. you might see things differently!

agreed, isn't there an old saying "no pain no gain", I am pretty certain this does not mean injury :wink:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

And you don't have to push your body to the max. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or that it won't hasten weight loss, but it's not necessary.

You must be younger than I. With 50 trips around the sun to my credit, I'm sore after long runs and sometimes it hurts.
  • czechsmate
    Options

You must be younger than I. With 50 trips around the sun to my credit, I'm sore after long runs and sometimes it hurts.

lol...right there with you!
  • carmenf21
    carmenf21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    so true!! :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

hey i am only 23 and after a long run or hard workout yes it hurts and it's a really good hurt if i may add!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I am 50. I guess I don't consider "sore" and "hurt" as the same thing. But it's still not necessary to hurt., but it could be a good thing (within reason).

The problem I have with quotes like these is they are just as likely to demotivate some as they are to motivate. Anything that motivates you is good for you. But some people don't want to hurt or get sore or push it to the max, but there are so many commericals and other media that make it seem like that is the only way. So people just give up.

But it's not the only way. You can lose weight and get fit without pushing to the max or hurting. The quote should say "may" instead of "will". Then it would be true.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I like it, very motivating!
  • nancy4544
    Options
    Great saying - I need the motivation - today is the start of new life for me in my battle with weightloss. The inspiration is helpful.