What am I doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• littlebee57
    littlebee57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying to get in more fruits and vegetables.
  • Krshannon1128
    Krshannon1128 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have u also measured urself??? I've only lost minimal weight so far but my waist & thighs are shrinking ...

Same here! The scale is not the answer!
  • Krshannon1128
    Krshannon1128 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the no lattes too!! Its so hard. If you get one make sure to tell them Sugar free, non fat milk, and no whip cream. That will cut it down to about 90calories!
  • galey2000
    Options
    Hi,

well I'm new, but looking at your diary there seems to be a lot of days not filled in? could the answer lie in what happened on those days? Like I say Im new and might not be doing it right but going back prior to 19th NOV it semms really hit and miss?
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi,

well I'm new, but looking at your diary there seems to be a lot of days not filled in? could the answer lie in what happened on those days? Like I say Im new and might not be doing it right but going back prior to 19th NOV it semms really hit and miss?

Hi...I'm new to this site so that's why there's nothing filled in for back then :smile:
  • oldsoul918
    Options
    Holy smokes! I just changed my settings to show sugar and I'm so embarrassed :blushing:

I knew I was eating too much...but had no idea it was THAT MUCH too much!

Good grief, what was I thinking?? :sad:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    First off, you look absolutely gorgeous in your wedding pic. Cut yourself some slack. Unfortunately it is fairly normal to gain weight after getting married. You can't eat like he does. Boo!!! Anyway, I am going through the same process - only ten or fifteen pounds to lose and it is HARD! I am shifting (some days better than others) from processed foods to cleaner foods and though the scale hasn't changed much, I can definitely tell in my waist (belly flatter) and in my muscle definition. My diary is open, feel free to have a look. I am by no means doing this perfectly, but have found that having cleaner foods and less processed foods helps me feel better overall!
  • galey2000
    Options
    No worries, just always looking to fill in the blanks
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You need more balance, more whole foods. Mashed potatoes and bacon bits does not a meal make! More fruit, veg, fiber, real meat (not cold cuts). Switch the Latte for a piece of fruit, afternoon candy for a hard boiled egg or cheese and veggies. Have 2-3 food groups for every meal.
  • oldsoul918
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the reality check!

There's just no out-exercising a poor diet.

Sooo, down with the sugar and up with the fruits and veggies! :tongue:

Here we go!!
  • AmandaD513
    AmandaD513 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I see that you're going over your sugar intake quite a bit. If I were you, I would try to ALWAYS hit at least 1200 calories, and if you have to eat back exercise calories to get to 1200 then you should. But also, these things stand out to me. Your protein intake, I would definitely up that. Try to meet your fiber goal every day. And most definitely strive for at least 8 cups of water every day!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the reality check!

There's just no out-exercising a poor diet.

Sooo, down with the sugar and up with the fruits and veggies! :tongue:

Here we go!!

Good for you!

Try to include more real food babes - more fruit and veges!! They will help you to glow from the inside out!! :flowerforyou:

You can have your lattes, just make it an occasional treat and you'll enjoy them SO much more! Track your sodium too, that will help you to see how processed some items really are!

Oh and as for calories, focus on your NET calories, make sure you're fueling that body of yours xx