Pay it Forward

Options
Breakfast is the hardest meal for me. I don't like most breakfast foods, and the ones I do are either terrible for you or I've eaten so much I don't want them anymore. So, I frequently stop at McDonald's on my way into work in the mornings.

WELL, last week I only stopped at McD's one time (which I was proud of), and the person in a white truck in front of me paid for my breakfast!! The woman at the window said "The man in front of you said to have a nice morning." It made my day! The rest of the day was terrible and I would've been in such a horrible mood if it hadn't been for the simple kind act of a stranger. Who would've thought that $1 could change your whole day? Since then, I've had a more positive attitude and am starting to really 'try' again.

Since then, I hadn't been back to McD's, until this morning. So, when I got to the window, I paid for the people behind me and told the woman to tell them "Merry Christmas!" Oddly enough, I think I'm in just as good a mood from paying for someone else as I was when someone else paid for me!

I can't recommend this enough! It's such an easy, simple act and it could totally change someone's day!

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is such a great idea!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    What a great Idea, a nice way to make someone's day!!!!!!! Will consider that sometime.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy when someone does this for me, it usually makes my entire day. :)

I am glad you decided to pay it forward, and not only make yourself happy but make the person behind you happy too.. who knows maybe they slept in and were having a horrible day until a stranger bought them breakfast :)
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love when people do that, It happend to use at Tim Horton's before. Such a nice way to keep putting a smile down the line :smile: