Leslie Sansone Calories Burned

Options
I am looking for calorie's burned for Leslie Sansones DVD'S. I do not have a HMR and want to be as accurate as I can. I don't know how fast we walk so really not sure how to input it in.
DVD'S are:
1 Mile Easy Walk
2 Mile Brisk Walk
3 Mile
Walk and Kick
5 Workouts on 1 DVD

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You know how far you are walking, pay attention to how long it takes. That will give you an average speed to enter into MFP.
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    I think you could base it on aerobics and the level you exert. I mean, I can do the 1 mile walk and barely lift my knees, or I can really make it a workout. So, I would log it as aerobics for so many minutes at whatever level YOU put into it.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I go by minutes and low impact aerobics to calculate burn. I
  • dlongshot7
    Options
    Before I had my HRM I entered it in as "low impact" Aerobics. I have the 5 mile walk DVD and your not jus walking your kicking, punching, knee lifts etc. So.. I considered it a LOW impact aerobics. Now if you do her boost at the end of the walk for the 2 minutes consider that HIGH impact aerobics
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For the 1, 2, and 3 mile walks, the average speed is 4.0 mph. That is what I use when logging my workouts. I log Walk and Kick as 5.0 mph, because it is a little more intense. I have a HRM. I weigh 216 lbs and my calories burned for these workouts range from 130 to 450 calories, depending on how much I push myself.
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    I don't have a HRM either so I just check my heart rate at various times during the workout, take an average of those values and then plug that in to one of the many calorie calculators that are available on the internet.

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I am excited to try her DVD's :bigsmile:
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of hers and do her workout DVD's twice a day. I have 8 in my collection right now and really love the faster paced miles that add jogging at the end. There is a definite difference in intensity between her different routines. Some really get your HR up and others not as much but focus on toning with added props (stretchy band, weights, etc). On her website she says that if you do a regular workout without a boost (she considers a boost adding a prop or one of the intense walks with the jogging boost) you burn at least 100 calories a mile. If you do a mile with a boost she estimates 125-150. Of course, everyone is different so to get the most accurate calorie estimate I can I use a HRM now but in the beginning I did it based on the low end of her estimates.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i am also a fan. i do the 2 mile, 3 mile and 4 mile walks. on average i burn about 100 calories per mile. this morning i did the 2 mile (and stretch) and burned 256 calories. yesterday i did the 4 mile (and stretch) and burned 435 calories.
  • flexi99
    flexi99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 mile with 2 minute boosts at end of each mile - I burn 550 calories. I really go for it and do the moves to the max. It is an easy way of burning calories without having to go out, good for winter workouts. She seems a nice lady but her chatter does get on my nerves. I know I have done this DVD too much when her voice is the first thing in my head when I wake up! Then I move on to the very calming Jessica Smith. Using LS's DVD has made me a lot fitter after years of inactivity. It has spurred me to try other workouts, and whilst I am still not an athlete(!!) I am significantly fitter than I was. I will keep this in my DVD rotation. As others have said, movement is movement.