weigh in

Options
Howdy all.

So I being me have a habbit of jumping on the scale as it is available at work daily. I know in reality I should only be doing this once a week right? My weight can very by 3-4 pounds in a day which isnt a good motivator.:grumble:

How often do you weigh in and why?

Replies

• KIMBERLYV123
    KIMBERLYV123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily (at the exact same time) just to see how things are doing but only gauge how I am doing by my weekly total.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I am really bad for that too! I usually weigh myself up to 5 times a day because the scale is right there outside the bathroom.

But I put it away and I am going to wait a week. :)
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    usually every day at the same time,,, (in the am after i do my thing) and i stand there stark naked.. lol thank go my toliet and sink are the only witnesses. I find it holds me morea accountable but I think I'm going to start only doing it on Saturday mornings...
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    they say once a week cause it fluctuates but im a slave to it and do it every single morning. not healthy i realize but im dying to know!!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily (at the exact same time) just to see how things are doing but only gauge how I am doing by my weekly total.

I also weigh in daily, but for my 1pd. a week target I use my Sat. AM values (weekly). I find it helps to see the fluctuations. But I only weigh 1 time a day, at the same time.
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I weigh myself daily just because I am a curious person. However, I only enter my weight into the MFP system once a week on the same day and around the same time.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i weigh in everyday at the same time. i only count it once a week on weigh in day as my weight can fluctuate, but its good as it keeps me on track. if it goes up a bit i know i need to be extra good and hopefully the next day it will show
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. In the morning right after I wake up and use the washroom. It works for me, even though the weigh can fluctuate everyday, I find it gives me a good idea of how I am doing. Plus, when I only weigh myself once a week I end up taking two or three cheat days, saying I will make up for it at the end of the week. Never happens. lol.

A lot of people do the once a week weigh-in, if you find the up and down to be demotivating, stick to just one day a week.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a compulsive weigher. Maybe twice a day. But I only record on MFP on my "official" weigh-in day: Sunday.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake. I only record my weight on here on Thursdays.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, Sunday morning.
    Weighing tends to make me crazy. If my weight is down, I celebrate by eating. If my weight is up, I sulk and eat.
    So just once a week, before breakfast, is best for me.
  • fusagirl308
    fusagirl308 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to be a compulsive weigher too but I had to get rid of my scale and now wait till I go to dr appts.
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am competing on different teams so I weigh in at least 3 days a wk!!!