Panera Peppermint Mocha Coffee

Options
I went to Panera Bread today totally hoping that they had some sort of peppermint coffee concotion to treat myself with. Sure enough, I saw something on the menu board so I asked the cashier, was it peppermint flavored coffee or something that they put together. She described how they layer chocolate syrup and peppermint flavoring and such. I knew it sounded decadent, but I *wanted* it...so I was going to treat myself.

That is, until I looked up and saw the calorie count on the board next to it. Here in CT (do they do this everywhere now?) they have the calories in green right there next to the price. It said 520! I said to the woman, "Can that be right? 500 calories for a coffee?" She said if it was on the board it was right.

I then changed my order to a large hazelnut coffee, to which I added 2 Splendas and some skim milk. No craving was worth 500 plus calories. Ugh! So now I am on the search for peppermint flavored coffee....if anyone knows where I can find some, let me know!

Replies

• raelynne629
    raelynne629 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli makes an individual packet of coffee that is peppermint mocha... (one of my personal favs!!) you can usually find it at Target. Dunkin Donuts had a season peppermint mocha last year that was just standard coffee you could find that one in the supermarket in a special display.

I'm a huge fan of those two coffees! I have also petitioned Keurig for a K-Cup!

(Oh and Good for you!!!)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Skinny peppermint mocha from starbucks?
    Never tried it before. You can always ask if they can make it light or skinny...
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Starbucks has tall skinny peppermint mocha for 100 calories...
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    peppermint mocha at starbucks! use the online nutrition calculator. :)
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    I think the Gevalia coffee company has a peppermint flavored coffee, or at least they used to! Maybe Starbucks can make a skinny peppermint mocha, with or without sugar free syrups. Good luck on thy quest! :drinker:
  • nezi_s
    Options
    I use Coffee mate peppermint mocha in my regular coffee.. delicious.. not as many calories, carbs, or fat as one in a coffee shop.
  • fdebus
    Options
    I believe you could make your own coffee with a peppermint extract, some splenda and some light whip cream to make it yummy. Just a thought.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Coffee-mate has peppermint mocha liquid and powder creamers...in regular and sugar free. I don't care for it but my mom is addicted to the stuff lol.

She also has Torani sugar free peppermint syrup. She mixes that with the hot chocolate k-cups for peppermint hot chocolate.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Starbucks has tall skinny peppermint mocha for 100 calories...

And its bloody GOOD too..! Had my first yesterday not only does it taste good..it is 100 cals AND 10g of Protein!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lowellheddings
    lowellheddings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to peppermint mocha - but I can't stand that skinny one.

I get the tall no-whip peppermint mocha, I think it's about 200 calories, but so much better tasting.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This has been said, but the (tall) skinny peppermint mocha from Starbucks is only 100 cals...and it's amazing. You could also just ask for them to add sugar-free syrup to any skinny latte, as most coffee shops allow you to do that (with a small charge for the syrup).
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I love peppermint mochas--a skinny peppermint mocha from starbucks has been my savior;) It doesn't taste exactly the same, but you get used to it...and that is worth the difference in calories!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the starbucks skinny peppermint mocha as well!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    hey there! I totally get this craving, peppermint chocolate just sings holidays to me! So I don't know where to tell you to go buy it but I can tell you how I fake it here at home?!

So, I brew a pot of coffee OR make espresso, then stir in one tablespoon of Starbucks "Hot Cocoa Classic" powder 40 calories - found that at Costco, but you could use any cocoa powder.

Add in one tablespoon of 1/2 n 1/2 (20 calories).

AND 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract (no calories)

Add sweet n low or splenda, truvia etc.

Very similar taste and you can adjust all ingredients to your liking...

Hope this works for you :)
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Make your own! You can make peppermint simple syrup by combining one cup water and one cup sugar in a small sauce pan and bringing it to a boil, put some peppermint extract in, I never measure mine, lets say 1tsp. Then boil for a bit longer until you can put a spoon in and flip it over and the syrup coats the back of the spoon. Use the calorie count for a simple syrup which should be the same as regular sugar 16 calories for one tsp. I like it with a white chocolate creamer, yum!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I just add a peppermint candy cane to my coffee! :) I've also got cappuccino and french vanilla candy canes that I use and I use them in hot chocolate too. So delicious. :)