darn office birthdays!

Options
So this guy at work had cake for his bithday yesterday and I so wanted a peice (yummy chocolate with chocolate frosting with chocolate shavings) but I knew better and had a stick of mint gum instead.

But of course today there was still cake left over and I didn't have any gum. I gave in. I really didn't want to because this weekend is MY birthday and I know I will be eating plenty of cake and other yummy foods and drinking....and then when I come back to work on Monday I'll have a cake at work too...ugh. I just haven't been doing well lately....but with my 30th birthday coming up and problems at home, can ya blame me?:grumble:

Oh well, as long as the rain holds off I'll just hit the bike extra hard tonight.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So this guy at work had cake for his bithday yesterday and I so wanted a peice (yummy chocolate with chocolate frosting with chocolate shavings) but I knew better and had a stick of mint gum instead.

But of course today there was still cake left over and I didn't have any gum. I gave in. I really didn't want to because this weekend is MY birthday and I know I will be eating plenty of cake and other yummy foods and drinking....and then when I come back to work on Monday I'll have a cake at work too...ugh. I just haven't been doing well lately....but with my 30th birthday coming up and problems at home, can ya blame me?:grumble:

Oh well, as long as the rain holds off I'll just hit the bike extra hard tonight.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know - some days you just don't feel strong. My husband had a bad day yesterday so we shared a bag of baked Cheetos and a bottle of wine. Do some extra exercise, drink lots of water, be kind to yourself, and holy cow - be proud of your 38 pound weight loss.
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't get yourself too down, you do have to live a little too! I also hate office birthdays....speak of the devil there are two today!!! One girl has cupcakes and another cake! And the make matters worse, they sit right by me all day!!! It is terrible. :blushing:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Well atleast you got the right idea of working it off. None of us are perfect - just jump back on the wagon! :laugh:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I know, there is always doughnuts and cake here too. you did good, don't worry about it- a little treat every once in a while is fine. I have a major sweet tooth myself :laugh:
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    I read somewhere that your brain releases more endorphins just thinking about eating food like chocolate or cupcakes than when you actually eat them.

I have learned that I am more than happy just looking at the cupcakes or whatever it is that someone has brought in. I will walk by and look at them a few times and by 3 or 4 pm if there is still one there and I really REALLY want it I will take it. This way I am at least thinking about it (and hopefully getting some endorphins thnking about eating that yummy piece of cake!) and I'm weighing my options and hopefully looking for something more satisfying to eat if I am really THAT hungry.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    next time try the 3 bite rule ..only 3 bites of any desert...i do it and it really helps me....hmm try something healthy on your B day....in reality your celebrating life and another year of it..so what more sense could it make to do it healthy in honor of your new lifestyle change.....there will be plenty more events to have cake and treats....dont make the ones during your journey be the ones that set you back so early in the game.:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    next time try the 3 bite rule ..only 3 bites of any desert...i do it and it really helps me....hmm try something healthy on your B day....in reality your celebrating life and another year of it..so what more sense could it make to do it healthy in honor of your new lifestyle change.....there will be plenty more events to have cake and treats....dont make the ones during your journey be the ones that set you back so early in the game.:flowerforyou:

Does the three bite rule still apply if you make sure those three bites are the parts of the cake with the most frosting?:bigsmile:

Healthy on my birthday? I know I whine a lot about it, but I don't think I can do that, lol. If I can't let loose on my birthday (my 30th no less) then when can I? :drinker:

Thanks for your suggestions though!:happy: