To rest or not to rest

Options
Today is my scheduled rest day between workouts. I have a weigh in tomorrow though.....Do I still do my rest day or should I still try to work out at least a little bit????? I'm totally torn!!

Replies

• amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How many days do you work out. You should have at least 1 rest day a week.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    How do you feel, if you're asking this question chances are you really want to go ahead and work out. I say if you're up to it, body saying sure then why not get a quick calorie burn in today...
  • sarajmitch79
    Options
    I try to take one or two rest days, I always worry though that taken even one day off I won't get back going again. Right now I think I'm going to even if it's something small in between folding loads of laundry. :)
  • Ricky1103
    Options
    Go easy tiger...:P Enjoy the day off.. stay off junk though.
  • sarajmitch79
    Options
    Go easy tiger...:P Enjoy the day off.. stay off junk though.

That's the hard part lol, hubby forgets about my diet at points and he wants to order pizza for dinner, I think I can manage though, fingers crossed
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    if you really want to work out and your body is all for it - do it :)
    have fun!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    have fun!

That's how I feel about it, is there anyone out there with evidence that we really need a rest day?
  • grannisue
    Options
    I usually take the weekends off but I am still active. I just started back to work after a 15 yr. break ~ don't know why I even considered the job offer but I will be on my feet most of the day so I will probably not worry about actually working out to much. We each have to figure out what works best for us.

I am on the weight watchers plus program and attend their meetings for the encouragement and it helps me to eat right. A lot of people on the boards are critical of WW and other programs like it ~ but like I said we have to do what works for us. Feel free to add me as a friend. MFP had great support and that is why I like doing this also. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    have fun!

That's how I feel about it, is there anyone out there with evidence that we really need a rest day?

not sure if there's concrete evidence or if it's a matter of just different opinions.

I do tell myself that I do need rest, however, if I am feeling like I can and want to work out, I do it :)