NUTRITION WEBSITES

Options
lilwashee
lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
OK GUYS I HAVE BEEN STUDYING NUTRITION FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW , I WAS HOPING TO EVENTUALLY BUILD A WEBSITE THAT HELPED OTHERS FOR VERY MINIMAL FEE..I LOOKED UP NUTRITION SITES THAT OFFER ASSISTANCE AND THEY COST LIKE A 100 BUCKS WHICH IS TOTALLY UN NECESSARY ANYWAYS MY POINT IS I NEED FEEDBACK ON WHAT YOU GUYS IN GENERAL WOULD PAY A NUTRITIONALIST TO KNOW ?

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i think the correct term is "nutritionist".

also, if it's written in "caps lock on cruise control" as someone so lovingly put it the other day, i would expect a refund. immediately.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Not to be snarky, but I would pay extra for said nutritionist to turn off her Caps Lock.
    OK, I am being snarky.

But really, there is so much nutritional information, (some of it even accurate), available online, I see no point in using pay sites.

Maybe after I got really close to my goal weight, and was just refining the numbers to perfection, would I then seek the help of a paid nutritionist.
  • lilwashee
    Options
    IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY , WHY EVEN RESPOND? I DO NOT WRITE EVERYTHING IN CAPS MY SON HITS THE CAP LOCK ALL THE TIME . I JUST WANTED FEEDBACK BUT I AM NOT REFERRING TO MY GRAMMAR OR MY SPELLING AND IF I DID HAVE A SITE EVERYTHING WOULD BE CHECKED ON IT BEFORE I LET IT GO OUT .
  • lilwashee
    Options
    The comment that came in after , yes i would agree there is alot of info online for those in need of help.I have found there are also those out there that want direct feed back from someone who has knowledge on the topic and builds a repor with that person and do in fact pay for services ...advice, support and personal menus .I am not trying to make people pay an arm an a leg for assistance but a simple small fee and i would be one on one with my clients . I appreciate how you feel on the subject but not everyone feels that way .
  • furekurss
    Options
    a sucker is born every min, nutrion websites that you have to pay for "info" is a good comcept, since you can find the same info for free in this thing called "internet"
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I wouldn't pay for the services of a nutritionist. Nutritionist is not a protected word. Anybody can claim to be a nutritionist. Dietitian, however requires degrees and such. Not saying anything negative about you since you are actually studying, I'm just saying in general it's easy for somebody to call themselves a nutritionist and spout crazy stuff and get away with it.

"Nutritionist is to dietitian as toothiologist is to dentist." - Dara O'Briain :-P
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    a sucker is born every min, nutrion websites that you have to pay for "info" is a good comcept, since you can find the same info for free in this thing called "internet"

For every sucker that's born, I'm sure a few butt holes get popped out at the same time. I'm just sayin' .....
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    *applause* way to be RUDE on a website for SUPPORT people.

I would pay for a personal menu and maybe an exercise plan. I struggle the worst with food and portions and I think a lot of people do. I put myself in the 'food addict' category and I don't know how to feel full or satisfied. I also have diabetics for parents so stuff like preventative strategies on what to eat to avoid getting it in the future would be nice.

I think personalizing stuff for every individual would be key to a successful business in the nutrition field you would have to be very knowledgeable of all different kinds of situations.. but I do think people would pay for that.
  • furekurss
    Options

I would pay for a personal menu and maybe an exercise plan. I struggle the worst with food and portions and I think a lot of people do. I put myself in the 'food addict' category and I don't know how to feel full or satisfied. I also have diabetics for parents so stuff like preventative strategies on what to eat to avoid getting it in the future would be nice.

I think personalizing stuff for every individual would be key to a successful business in the nutrition field you would have to be very knowledgeable of all different kinds of situations.. but I do think people would pay for that.

strong unaware of how life really works, you reliase that most if not all web sites that offer " personalized plans" are all cookie cutter plans. here is an example , "low fat low carbs high protein"
  • lilwashee
    Options
    I appreciate the feedback and i would not be a cookie cutter site but i would tailor meals to the person.There are people who are simply to busy to look into a bunch of different avenues on the internet ..example i was at the docs office and was talking about this topic and the doc (who was over weight ) she said she was soooo busy and what would i charge her ?What i am saying is not everyone uses the internet for free purposes and there are plenty of people who pay for information shoot YMCA has a dietician as well and that is a service included in them being healthy.I simply let the doctor know i would help her but at this time i have nothing up and running i told her about MFP and let her know starting here would be a great start.I am not un educated person and i do not appreciate being treated as if i am a moron for even thinking i could make a little bit of side money to help others and my family to achieve something great. There are sites that charge 100 dollars and i think thats nuts but you know what there are those out there that pay !I am talking about a small fee for my assistance for those who can not or do not have time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options

strong unaware of how life really works, you reliase that most if not all web sites that offer " personalized plans" are all cookie cutter plans. here is an example , "low fat low carbs high protein"

and is the website going to magically ask for all of the information and family history? because many websites I have been on sure as heck don't. And i'm strongly unaware of how life really works? and I "realiase" that REALIZE is spelled differently. get a life. If you're going to flame someone via internet at least have the decency to use spell check.