Not sure where to put this topic but...

Options
Kdingo
Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
I was just thinking. (sorry in advance for the rambling thought):blushing:

I've lost around 12 pounds so far and even though I'm halfway to my goal.

Sometimes I feel like I've made no progress.:ohwell:

For the most part I feel pretty happy about my journey but when I feel low I wish when I had first started on here that I had taken before pics in a sports bra like those brave souls, even if the pics were just for me. So I would have a point of reference when I was feeling low. Something to look at and hopfully see how far I've come. :smile:

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat stuff like that.
    Congrats on the weight loss.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    me too..i can see a definite change in myself, but i too, wish i had taken before pics..like once a month or so would have been good..oh well, its too late for that now..hopefully we wont ever get the chance to take pics again:drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel smaller until I got to 20 pounds (and yes, I've gained some back) so just keep working hard!!! Either way, you are HEALTHIER than you were before. Try to focus on something else... measure yourself and compare inches instead of weigh. Usually that is more telling than the scale. Or try milestones. Work on how fast you can walk, jog, or run a mile and try to improve it.
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I didn't either. No pictures for reference, or measurements. I did keep a pair of pants, that were getting too tight, and try them on periodically. Last time I checked, my hips were barely keeping them up :smile:
  • Kdingo
    Options
    I didn't either. No pictures for reference, or measurements. I did keep a pair of pants, that were getting too tight, and try them on periodically. Last time I checked, my hips were barely keeping them up :smile:
    Yes!!!!! My going out jeans are now so big I don't have to unbutton I can just slide them off.:drinker:

I went out last week and bought 3 new pairs of skinny jeans and 7 dresses. I'm not usually a dress person but since I started losing I've been wearing them more.:smile:
  • Kdingo
    Options
    me too..i can see a definite change in myself, but i too, wish i had taken before pics..like once a month or so would have been good..oh well, its too late for that now..hopefully we wont ever get the chance to take pics again:drinker:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking to. That it would have been my LAST chance to do that since I will NOT be getting that high again.

I do have this one pic that someone took when I was sitting. Ugh fat roll city. I guess I can use that.lol:wink:
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Not too late! I took my first progress picture after I had lost about 15-20 pounds, (Prior to MFP) I took it with the timer on my camera from the back in my one piece swimsuit. Every month I set up in the same place in the house, put on that old one piece suit and stand and take that picture. I still look at that starting picture against this months for inspiration. Even though that first picture wasn't me at my heaviest... I am still in awe. I take the pictures from the back, from the back it is all truth, and no judgement, there isn't any "I don't like my face in that pic", "I don't like my hair". Plus the swimsuit is WAY too big now! So any picture from the front would be hideous!!!
  • Kdingo
    Options
    Not too late! I took my first progress picture after I had lost about 15-20 pounds, (Prior to MFP) I took it with the timer on my camera from the back in my one piece swimsuit. Every month I set up in the same place in the house, put on that old one piece suit and stand and take that picture. I still look at that starting picture against this months for inspiration. Even though that first picture wasn't me at my heaviest... I am still in awe. I take the pictures from the back, from the back it is all truth, and no judgement, there isn't any "I don't like my face in that pic", "I don't like my hair". Plus the swimsuit is WAY too big now! So any picture from the front would be hideous!!!

That's a great idea. Thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Some days it feels like an uphill battle - but you are determined, you are strong