songs needed for wedding video

Options
soccerella
soccerella Posts: 623 Member
I need some suggestions for songs for my wedding video. My husband really likes Amos Lee and Vangelis and would like to include them if possible, but I dont know which songs and he is out to sea so I cant ask . The videographer wants songs asap because adding the music in is the last thing he has to do for it. Any Amos Lee or Vangelis suggestions? Something similar? something totally different but good?

I was also thinking :
Enya - Storms in Africa
Peter Gabriel - The book of Love
Eels - Fresh Feeling

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Elvis! I got married @ Graceland Wedding Chapel in VEGAS and it was AWESOME! I get all fuzzy inside when I hear those Elvis songs. "Viva LasVegas" and the one that goes, "...can't help falling in love with you..."
  • Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    we had "love never fails" by brandon heath
  • soccerella
    Options
    Elvis! I got married @ Graceland Wedding Chapel in VEGAS and it was AWESOME! I get all fuzzy inside when I hear those Elvis songs. "Viva LasVegas" and the one that goes, "...can't help falling in love with you..."

can't help falling in love was our first dance, so that will already be in there :) I need the more slower, easy songs like that as background music though!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My daughter just got married and their first dance was to 'If I Should Fall Behind' by Bruce Springsteen. What a tear jerker!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Do a search for the Vitamin String Quartet. They do gorgeous arrangements of popular music. It's a great way to incorporate a song you love, without having grandma scratching her head wondering why you're playing, for instance, Guns N Roses.
  • crsmithrn
    Options
    Love is you, Chrisette Michele
  • soccerella
    Options
    Do a search for the Vitamin String Quartet. They do gorgeous arrangements of popular music. It's a great way to incorporate a song you love, without having grandma scratching her head wondering why you're playing, for instance, Guns N Roses.

we had them playing at the wedding actually, doing the song "stolen" (dashboard confessional). These songs are just for the video, not the actual wedding, so we can really have any artist....i just need some good "classic" songs that we'll still like in years to come when we watch it...something with nice lyrics, and a little bit of a beat but not too fast....that fresh feeling song I listed above is a good example of what I'm hoping to find....its harder than I thought though
  • metisgirl
    metisgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wind beneath my wings...Bette Midler
    Never gonna let you go....Sergio Mendes its an oldie but goodie
    I can think of tons, if you need more...lol
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Where've You Been by Kathy Mattea
    I'm not a big country fan, but this was mine and my husband's song at our wedding. Not a dry eye.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Time to Remember-Billy Joel

Lesser known, but when I have a wedding video that song will be in it.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    "Grow Old Along with Me" by Mary Chapin Carpenter -- John Lennon also did it, but Mary's version is sweeter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7x5B0DoXpQ&feature=related
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Question-The Old 97s.... If you haven't heard it you REALLY need to look it up!
    Marry Me- Train
    When I'm 64- The Beatles
    Love is All You Need- Beatles
    You Are the Best Thing- Ray LaMontagne
  • soccerella
    Options
    Question-The Old 97s.... If you haven't heard it you REALLY need to look it up!

I've heard that once before (on Scrubs I think). Definitely the kind of thing I'm looking for, thanks so much!
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It was definitely on Scrubs when Turk proposed to Carla :smile: I actually first heard it at a friend's wedding. I live in Nashville and they had the most incredible duo sing it while the bride walked down the aisle. It was breathtaking!

I also had a quartet play modern songs for my ceremony... I totally stole the idea from Vitamin String Quartet lol!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    More than Words by Extreme

First time I ever saw your face by Leona Lewis

Go to Pandora and for in the New station box type "Love is in the Air"..not all the songs are keepers, but there's some good classics in there if you're looking for ideas.

:smile:
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Micheal Buble "Everything"