baked fish?!

kikiboniki
kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
I just made baked fish for the first time in my life. Swai fillets at 400 degrees for 10 minutes with some creole seasoning sprinkled on. Tastes pretty good!

How do you like to season your fish? I'm looking for new ideas.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil

if it's salmon i often use dill

sometimes i just use old bay seasoning
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I use citrus zest+juice and garam masala. S&P.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Old Bay is good. I just broiled a 4 oz piece of Norweigian Salmon right out of the freezer, it was done in like 10-15 mins. Got em all wrapped and frozen and ready to go. Easy, just unwrap, sprinkle a little on there and slap it in the broiler. :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil

if it's salmon i often use dill

sometimes i just use old bay seasoning

^^^ this.. lol .. i swear Guru i'm not stalking you!

for my hubs i marinate it in teriyaki sauce and broil it for about 10 minutes (salmon)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Don't know about Swai, But I use a 1/2-1 Tablespoon of Mayo and 3 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard on Tilapia. :) Bake at 350, Most of the Mayo Melts off and you get a yummy flavor!!!!
  • I love Salmon with some Dill, Lemon and Garlic... Nom Nom Nom! ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    I'm with Guru. That's exactly how I season.....although, I sometimes add fresh onion slices, too.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    I'm actually about to put a tiliapia fillet in the oven.. i put some bread crumbs on it the way my dad used to bake catfish.. we'll see how that turns out and then i may try different stuff
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    lemon pepper and lemon juice are my main ways...
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    I use shore lunch and bake. :tongue:
  • I have Cod in the fridge...
    I mix some pretzel crumbs and reduced fat parm cheese with lemon zest and dill and spray each filet with some cooking spray and season with garlic salt and pepper, then push the fish into the crumb and seasoning mix and bake at 400 for about 10-12 min until filet is firm..

Delish and very easy.
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    I buy basa fillets at the fish market for tough days. They thaw fast and have good tecture but no real flavor to speak of. I like to take half a lime and slice it thin. Salt and pepper the fish. Cover the top with the lime. 350 degree toaster oven until done. (Been a while, I don't remember the time.)
    Also, Tony Chachere's is a good, easy seasoning. Just be careful if you're watching your salt.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    I love Salmon with some Dill, Lemon and Garlic... Nom Nom Nom! ;)

sounds so good