Dinner tonight!

Options
Just got back from TJ's! I'm making salmon burgers with baby spinach, artichoke hearts, and capers on top. On the side, half a sweet potato with 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin butter. I'm slightly obsessed with Trader Joe's...

What are you making?

Replies

• KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tuna Steaks with spinach and onions! Sweet potatos for us tonight too!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Homemade Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon.
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a turkey breast with homemade cranberry sauce in the crockpot. I am thinking roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes for me and my daughter and baked potatoes for son & husband!!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just got back from TJ's! I'm making salmon burgers with baby spinach, artichoke hearts, and capers on top. On the side, half a sweet potato with 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin butter. I'm slightly obsessed with Trader Joe's...

What are you making?

This sounds wonderful! Wish we had a Trader Joe's...

I'm having the exact same thing I had last night because it was so yummy - taco salad made with lettuce, spinach, taco meat, black beans, avocado, tomato, cheese, sour cream, and a broken up, baked, low carb tortilla for some crunch!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki vegi burgers w/ the works!
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner! Whole wheat pancakes, eggs and Boulder breakfast sausages. I forgot to lay out the chicken LOL!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options

mmmm would you mind sending me the the recipe?
  • baisleac
    Options

Better Homes & Garden's cookbook. Change the cheese to cheddar (or 2% cheddar), multiply the amount of cheese by 1.5, add 1/2 an onion and half a pound of bacon.

It makes a TON of servings, so it's not as unhealthy as it might sound. :smile:
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options

Better Homes & Garden's cookbook. Change the cheese to cheddar (or 2% cheddar), multiply the amount of cheese by 1.5, add 1/2 an onion and half a pound of bacon.

It makes a TON of servings, so it's not as unhealthy as it might sound. :smile:

mmm and onion! I'm sold. Thank you!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm having ricotta pastizzi and vegetables. The pastizzi are a bit fatty, but I don't eat them all the time. And you need fat anyway, I did notice that when I cut my fat consumption right down a few months ago my skin felt quite rough and now it is feeling a lot smoother.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I took leftover salsa chicken out of the fridge for tacos. I omitted the taco, just ate the meat with sour cream and salad on the side. I haven't cooked since Thanksgiving. I guess I should make a real meal for dinner tomorrow!
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options

is this a healthy recipe??? i want it!!!
  • baisleac
    Options

is this a healthy recipe??? i want it!!!

Depends on your definition of healthy. :smile:

Okay... the way I'm making it tonight involves 16 oz of cheddar cheese, 12 oz of wacky mac veggie pasta, 1/2 lb (5 slices) of crispy bacon, 1 tsp of olive oil and the rest as Better Homes & Gardens tells me (minus tomatoes).

The nutritional information if 8 servings are assumed (personally I think it's closer to 10 but I'm not done cooking this batch yet).
    Calories 441.9
    Total Fat 22.0 g
    Cholesterol 57.5 mg
    Sodium 428.2 mg
    Potassium 113.3 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
    Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
    Sugars 1.9 g
    Protein 22.2 g
    Vitamin A 12.2 %
    Vitamin C 2.6 %
    Calcium 45.1 %
    Iron 12.2 %

Changing it to 2% cheddar gets me:
    Calories 381.9
    Total Fat 15.4 g
    Cholesterol 4.1 mg
    Sodium 94.9 mg
    Potassium 113.3 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
    Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
    Sugars 1.9 g
    Protein 22.8 g
    Vitamin A 1.6 %
    Vitamin C 2.6 %
    Calcium 5.1 %
    Iron 12.2 %

I think I'll have to put the recipe, with my modifications, up on Healthy Doesn't Mean Boring (blogspot).

p.s. Also did the math for cooking bacon on the George Foreman grill... lost about half the bacon calories... this will get complicated. :smile: