Running glove recommendations?

Options
I desperately need a pair of gloves designed for running, but there are so many to choose from. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I will be wearing them in 35-50 degree weather, and I have fairly small hands, so they will need to fit snuggly. Anything that works with a touch screen is a plus.

Thanks!

Replies

• erinclain
    Options
    i have some ems gloves that wick, and they are quite snug and great for running!
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I got a pair of Nike ones at a Nike outlet. They're great. They each have a little spot for your house or car key, too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My hands don't sweat much, and I'm a cheapskate. I just those super-stretchy 2 pair for $1.50 ones from Target.

I mean... it's not like I run on my hands.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My hands don't sweat much, and I'm a cheapskate. I just those super-stretchy 2 pair for $1.50 ones from Target.

I get too hot when I wear those, and end up taking them off halfway through my run. I need something that will keep me warm enough, but that I won't have to mess with.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options

This is what I do too then I can wash them or toss them
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options

This is what I do. But then I live in Texas where I only need gloves for about a month or two. I wash mine with my workout clothes if they get gross.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    just go try on a pair of gloves at your local running store. This time of year, they should have a pretty decent selection available. If they fit and are comfortable for you, you're good to go.
  • spammyanna
    Options
    just go try on a pair of gloves at your local running store. This time of year, they should have a pretty decent selection available. If they fit and are comfortable for you, you're good to go.

I was hoping to get some advice on which brand lasted longer, was better wicking, that sort of thing from people who had used them. But thank you anyway for your input!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Me too. Also, the cost makes it okay in my head when my hands do get hot and I take them off and accidentally lose one.

I spend more money on knit running hats with the wicking fabric on the inside. Those are awesome. I get them on sale at Sports Authority! I use them on super cold days when the bandana I normally would wear isn't going to be warm enough.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bought some from my bootcamp instructor but not sure of the brand I'll try to find out & post back here
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of Nike ones at a Nike outlet. They're great. They each have a little spot for your house or car key, too.

I have the Nike ones also, got them at TJMaxx for a great price. It's a bit colder here, 26 degrees this am. I also have another pair (not sure what brand they are) but they have a pocket on the inside, on the back of the hand to put the little hand warmer packets into. I use the hand warmer packets with the Nike ones also, I just slide the packet into the glove on my palm.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Last year I just used cheaper knit gloves. When it was real cold I doubled them up, but this year I too am hoping to find something better. My hands get cold & go numb on any longer run if its 50 or under. I have ran as cold as single digits last year, but my hands were pretty cold even with the doubled up gloves.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have asics and I love em.
    They're nice and thin yet warm enough on really cold days.
    They wash well, and they have treads on the palm side making it a cinch to use with touch screen devices (even my picky android)
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    http://www.rei.com/product/758401/seirus-xtreme-all-weather-gloves

These are the ones I have but got them for $35 from bootcamp
    They are water proof
  • spammyanna
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful resources! I went to my local running store today and they didn't have anything! I was getting discouraged, until I looked here! MFP'ers are the best!