how do you keep your mind occupied while on the crosstrainer

Options
i get bored REALLY fast.. theres a tv in the gym but u cant hear it so i try not to look at it cuz it just annoys me, music gets boring i dont think i could manage having my book balanced on it lol help!? how do i stop my brain from screaming IM BORED lol

Replies

• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My suggestion.... find an exercise that doesn't bore you.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    My suggestion.... find an exercise that doesn't bore you.

this^^ once you find an exercise you really enjoy you won't have to worry about getting bored! :) try new things out! :flowerforyou:
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    Try an audiobook!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You push so hard that your brain is screaming "help me"... "please stop".... "why do you hate me...lol".... anything but "I'm bored".
  • karlichelle18
    karlichelle18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    try walking outside yet? I love being outside. i can run 5 miles outside, but can't do a tenth of a mile on a treadmill or anything like it....
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I download podcasts that I really enjoy (my favorite is Vegetarian Food For Thought!) that are 30-60 minutes in length. I love listening to them, and I only allow myself to listen to them while I'm working out. Makes the time go by quicker!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I listen to really loud music and dance in my head (I am not even kidding)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Try an audiobook!
    This is what I do-- and I personally love the free ones from librivox.org
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about keeping your mind occupied while being on the toilet lol....Headline stops at "on the..."

I am struggling with boredom on the Elliptical, so I am just going to start up spinning soon. Or do 1/2 of that and 1/2 of another one. That is always a good thing too...
  • tina2222
    Options
    oh no! thats so dumb . . . i watch tv when im on the crosstrainer - becasue my gym has tvs actually IN the cross trainers, so when ive wateched a good programme, before i know it ive been on there for an hour! lol But i think you need to find a different exercise. If you are bored with something you wont stick to it.... try boxing or dancing - something different like that if you dont like running etc
  • myth4ever
    Options
    I continually change my playlist of songs I listen to....From rock to rap, classical...ya just never know what I might be playing in my ear. Also doing things you enjoy might help
  • valleriv
    valleriv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I download TV shows to my iPod, most of the time I look for hour long shows (without commercials they run about 45 minutes) to ensure I do at least that much cardio. It is good if you find a series you like, that way if you are into it you can't wait to get back to the gym to see what will happen on the next episode.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I download podcasts that I really enjoy (my favorite is Vegetarian Food For Thought!) that are 30-60 minutes in length. I love listening to them, and I only allow myself to listen to them while I'm working out. Makes the time go by quicker!

Awesome idea, I'm going to download!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sryan8408
    Options
    I make a game out of the eliptical... I've been doing 5 minute warm up on a comfortable setting, then start at 10 on the cross ramp. 1-3 on the resistance. Then every min go up on each one of them. Then once you reach 20, go down each minute. Your body will be screaming at you once you get to 20 14! But its like a game for me, how much can I take?
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    i listen to very,very loud music and i dance as i do my treadmill!!iv acttually gotten pretty good at it.and put my mp3 player on shuffel so it is always different!!!
  • mcase44
    Options
    Take a class. I personally love zumba! Its the only way i can manage one hour of high intensity cardio
  • teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    join a fitness class. i take a zumba class every tuesday night...you have no idea how much i look forward to it! you're exercising and burning calories like crazy but it doesn't feel like you're working out. you're just dancing, having a good time. no one judges you and everyone is moving their butts off. i work hard but allow myself to get carried away...i get pretty goofy and i don't care one bit that other people are around me. i know the gym get's boring...i don't know how you do it without TV...that has kept me going to the gym. i tend to watch a funny program to keep me laughing while working out...and i also bring my kindle which is much easier to use than a book cuz there's no worrying it's gonna close on you. so do fun work outs! do you have a WII? there are fun dance games and such.
  • BrwnGirlSlimmn
    BrwnGirlSlimmn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I listen to really loud music and dance in my head (I am not even kidding)

I do the exact same thing. Dancing keeps me occupied, and i only listen music that I can dance to.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I do 10-15 minutes max and do something different. I refuse to spend more than half an hour on intense cardio a day. I've got better things to do with my time!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i like to observe others doing exercise. some reason that amuses me to no end