What do you do to keep yourself going while exercising?

Options
I've found when I work out I get really tired half way through and I dont have the 'oomph' to keep going.

I know a few of my friends take a supplement called 'Super Pump' and they have awesome results but have heard some horror stories about it as well.

What do you take to keep yourself going?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Superdump!

I just find a good song and go :]
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just keep telling myself, it's only an hour. I can do anything for an hour.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I usually get bored before I get tired (though they feel a lot alike). Usually I've found if I tough it out for 5 or 10 minutes I perk back up. I also have to keep my playlist really fresh.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I watch NCIS. Yep. A mystery TV show. I have to exercise till the end so I can find out what happened!!

The gym is the only place I watch TV.
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    this is weoird but get a p[ic of someone or a celebrity that has the body that your aiming for and put it on your phone / ipod home screen. then look at it when your struggling.

It helps me keep going
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Realize it's just a mind game and keep pushing yourself because you know it'll be worth the temporary pain.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My "exercising" is stuff that I really love doing, so even if I am tired I am usually still having fun. Plus a lot of the time even if I"m tired, I have to keep going in order to get back to where I started from haha.
  • jsymo
    jsymo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only listen to high pace songs, like pop or hip hop and I find that I tend to keep in step with the song pretty well. Thats how I keep my pace up when I work out.
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have a playlist of good fun music :) it helps and i focus on the song and it helps :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I watch NCIS. Yep. A mystery TV show. I have to exercise till the end so I can find out what happened!!

The gym is the only place I watch TV.

Me too. Netflix and Grey's on my phone is the best thing EVER
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just daydream about stuff while I run. Next thing I know...I'm done!
  • Wandrian
    Options
    Actually, if I'm on my treadmill or elliptical I have my portable DVD-player and I watch a movie. It's a bit silly, but it keeps me entertained. Otherwise, it's all about a good playlist.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    this is weoird but get a p[ic of someone or a celebrity that has the body that your aiming for and put it on your phone / ipod home screen. then look at it when your struggling.

It helps me keep going

This is great if it works for you, but in general this can cause HUGE self esteem issues. A lot of the time no matter how hard you train, you will never have the exact same body as someone else.

Focus on being healthy.

I agree with reminding yourself how short a period of time your workouts are! You CAN do it! You almost always regret not working out, but never regret working out! :)
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I bring the kids to the workout room with me. My 3 year old runs around kicking a soccer ball and my 7 month old is strapped in watching him. They both entertain each other. So I get to work out as long as no one cries.
    BUt years ago when the babies weren't the picture. I'd watch TV or listen to awesome music!
  • MissEmmieO
    MissEmmieO Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to just focus on 5, 10, or 15 minute intervals at a time and sometimes cover the countdown on the elliptical and turn up the hip hop!!!
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I watch other people exercise, I watch tv, listen to my mp3 player of all the music that keeps me going and before I work out I eat a protein bar of 10-15g to keep me going. Also I drink ice coffee and sometimes an energy drink depends on how I am feeling but using all those tools help me...Good luck. I understand your battle....
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think about how I get to eat more food when I'm done. Twisted, but true. I also often use anger or pain I've experienced as motivation. I listen to songs that pull at my emotions and get really into them in my head and think about things. Or I listen to uplifting songs that make me feel empowered. Music does it all for me. Unless I can find a really good TV show.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Song list format
    1. Upbeat song quick tempo
    2. Super Fast tempo song
    3. One hit wonder - Like Del amitri - Roll to Me or Trio - Da Da Da, or Two Princes.
    4. Good long song - somethign in the 10 - 12 min range
    5. up beat again
    6. Funny Song - something by weird Al or Animainacs or just a comedy routine, or something by Tone Loc.
    7. Smooth Rythm song
    8. Upbeat song again - maybe something Angry sounding - Like by the offspring
    9. Inspriational song - Eye of the Tiger, or Hero
    10. Cool down song - Slower Tempo, like Crash into me.
  • micahcsmith
    Options
    I agree with sunshine. K'naan works for me. I find a band that works for me and work out it is easier for me to continue working our for the time that I set for myself if I have a CD that I can forget about the boredom of working out or running in place. If that doesn't work try a movie not necessarily a workout movie but something actiony.
  • savanahspring
    Options
    I listen to audio books on my iPod and I'm done before I know it!

My only tip is to listen to lighter books that don't require a whole lot thinking. i tend to get distracted at times and if the book is light fiction I can usually figure out what happened during my inattention. I listened to a political/religious themed book and I was always getting lost and then it just got boring!