Motivation is suffering a bit...

Options
Lately I've been lacking motivation and I don't know what it is. Some days it's as though I'm looking forward to exercising, but I either get tired quickly or just can't do as many reps as I could the week before, and others it is vice-versa, where I can't be bothered to exercise, but my body is telling me I should and must.

Has this happened to other people? you know, short periods where it seems no workout can be achieved?

because it's doing my head in >_<

Replies

• squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've had that same issue in the past. What I realized is that I was bored with my work out. I looked forward to the flushed feeling. That post work out high. Then I got to the gym and stayed about twenty minutes. Eventually I found other ways of working out that I really enjoyed. I was back in the game In no time! It's kind of like eating the same thing every day. It just gets dull. Maybe try something to spice things up and you may find that motivation again!
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I've been a bit of a scrooge with the whole thing. Student Finance decided to mess up so living off a shoe-string budget. I have a kinect which I've been using for the aerobics (thank god for that "Your Body: fitness" game, as well as Kinect sports) walking a lot more, and a set of dumbbells to do a bit of strength training.

Also doing the obvious diet change and eating a lot better.

Was hoping to join a gym at the start of november and try the C25K, but campylobacter managed to halt that plan. New plan is to take it up mid January instead.

I think the main factor is, I'm on my own with all of it. Managed to lose a flatmate to Skyrim :laugh: