Supper idea's

Options
Anyone have any good idea's on mixing up my supper at all? I have a husband and a daughter and I would like some idea's on how to not make supper boring and have the same old stuff all the time . . . thoughts??
Thanks!

Replies

• Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    Anyone have any good idea's on mixing up my supper at all? I have a husband and a daughter and I would like some idea's on how to not make supper boring and have the same old stuff all the time . . . thoughts??
    Thanks!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'm mixing up some extra lean ground beef with some taco seasoning, corn, and salsa. Put the mix into eggroll wrappers and roll them up. Spray a cookie sheet w/Pam. Put the eggrolls seam side down on 425 for 10-15 minutes. Turn halfway though. You could actually put in any filling you want, but these are the ones my family likes.
  • netstorm
    netstorm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am assuming a healthy meal. Well I always liked my healthy version of fried rice. What you do is pre-make some brown rice (according to instructions) then add some peas chop up some carrots, celery, (and any other healthy veggies that you want including brocoli) in small cubs cook it up with no cal cooking spray and a teaspoon (or two depends on the size) of olive oil. Cook it till it is soft then add the rice and another tablespoon or two of sesame seed oil. (Both olive oil and sesame seed oil is a good source of monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats)(good fats) Add chunks of chicken breast precooked fried in a pan with no cal cooking spray and pepper and add it into the pan of rice. Mix it together and you have a healthy version on fried rice. Hope this helps.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    There are lots of ideas in the recipe forum.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    oooh I forgot, you have to spray the tops of eggrolls too so they get brown/crispy.
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    2 great idea's! Thanks! Both sound nummy and something my family would like. I am going to try both of them this week. This is where I always struggle - is making supper for my family.
    Thanks again!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    One of my fave recipe sites is www.kraftfoods.com.