Does anyone combine using Weight Watchers along with this si

Options
I'm contemplating joining Weight Watchers, but still find this site to be a helpful tool. I have my own reasons for joining a corporate company versus doing it for free ( I know, I know..), so just let my reasons be, please.

I'm simply just curious if anyone else out there on this site is on the same boat that I am possibly going to get on. /shrug

Thanks! Message me if you'd prefer. :)

Replies

• Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers in the past and lost about 30 pounds with it. But when they switched to the new points plus system it didn't work as well for me so that's when I joined here. I did like their recipie section though, it was very easy to search and print them out.
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know someone that does weight watchers, this site, and is goin to or just had weight reduction surgery(not sure if it was lapband or gastric sleeve).
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I have never done the first ww program only the new one and love it!

The only problem I do have is eating all my points. I follow ww but use mfp for the motivation and support.
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I do both, because I do like the Points Plus system, and I like having to weigh every week (plus my work pays for it so its free anyway). Mainly I use this site for the message boards, and because I've been tracking my exercise on here for much longer than I've been doing Weight Watchers, and I like to at least keep an accurate record of my workouts. Every once in awhile I put my food in here just to see how my calories are, since I tend to eat a lot of 0 point things like fruits and veggies.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am! I love doing both! I get the personal attention that I need from the WW meetings as well as all kinds of support and information during the week from MFP. I think the 2 complement each other well!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I find one thing hasnt worked for me.

Mix and match what you need to be able to to be successful for youself!

For me, I cant count calories, or points, or be told to have certain foods for meals.
    I eat 3 meals a day, with 2 healthy snacks. and once in awhile I treat myself. I eat whole grains as much as I can.

But I come on here for support and different ideas that I can incorparate for myself.
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My wife is doing weight watchers. She loves it. She got me started on this site, then she quit here but I stayed. I think she likes the personal part of going out and meeting new people. I'm happy to just have a place to keep me honest about how much I eat.
  • tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hello,
    Presently I am doing weight watchers and MFP. My company paid all but $ 50.00 of weight watchers so I figured I would give it a try. Before joing weight watchers I had already lost 38 lbs using MFP alone. I prefer to track my calories/exercise using MFP. I used the WW points systems for a week or so but I much rather prefer using MFP. I think it works about the same way.. Plus when weight watcher is over you have to pay to use etools. MFP is free. Plus just like someone else said.. I love the support and motivation I get from MFP friends. Good Luck!
  • ddran143
    Options
    I like MFP a little better, as WW doesn't have much detailed reports as far as sodium, fat, carbs,etc.. When WW switched over to the new system, I plateaued . I just started MFP one week ago , so Ill see in a month if I notice a difference. I like the feature on MFP where you finish logging in and it tells you what weight to look forward to in 5 weeks. I personally like MFP over WW, and it saves me $18 a month.Win-Win.
  • tsegears
    Options
    I used the WW online tool and I was successful for the time that I used it, but for whatever reasons, I fell off the wagon and stop recording my caloric intake -- my mistake. I eventually stopped using the tool, and felt that I was wasting money, so I unsubscribed. I'm happy to find MFP and to know that the tool offers a lot and its free. So, I get to record my progress and MFP helps me stay on track/target for FREE!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I've been on WW since Jan. 2011, and joined MFP 6 mos ago. I like WW for the meetings, face-to-face with others, etc. I love my WW leader. I like MFP for the message boards and extra support.

If you join, buy a monthly pass before Dec. 4th. They're tweaking the program a bit on that day, and also raising prices ($3 extra for the monthly membership and $1 extra if you pay week-to-week. But they told us that prices won't increase for people who have a monthly pass as long as they joined before Dec. 4th. You could do it for a month and if you don't like it, just cancel.

Good luck!
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    No, but I've been a member of TOPS (Taking off pounds sensibly) for over 2 yrs. I go to weekly support group meetings/weigh-ins. It has been so nice to have the accountability and meet some really nice people, in person to work on our weight loss goals together and hear a lot of good tips, articles, etc.

before TOPS 203 lb
    start TOPS 197
    joined MFP at about 166 this summer
    current 151.5

I was stuck in a plateau and have been doing a lot better adding MFP.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ok so my questions is how do you eat all your friut and veggies in WW and not go over too many calories/ sugar/ , etc... I love my fruit and when i heard that the new system didn't restrict fruit and veggies i was happy and thought i may try it. Then on here once i started tracking what i am eating, i found the more fruit i ate, really upped my sugar, calories.. eg) grapes. so on here i still eat fruit daily but i limit it b/c i want to eat more then just grapes to fill me up and not bump my numbers up too high... so if on WW how does one loose weight if they can eat tons of fruit unlimited?
  • kellzroxs
    kellzroxs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i did weight watchers for 9 months and i swear counting the points day in day out drove me crazy!! i couldnt do it anymore.. it did work tho i lost 85 lbs! i dont count calories either just have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day .. and treat yourself once a week
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers is a great program!! I lost a lot of weight doing it! I just can't afford it right now so that's why I do this! But if you have a smart phone and you still wanna do weight watchers just get the free weight watchers app it's pretty much like this only with points!! Somewhere on their website is a message board too! Best of luck!!
  • nikkijay25
    nikkijay25 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was doing weight watchers and I pretty much was averaging 1200-1300 cals a day. I would rather log it here for free and get the free support from the privacy of my own home vs sitting in a room with strangers and paying loads of cash. JMO
  • nikkijay25
    nikkijay25 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing. I didn't lose any weight with the new system. I was eating too much by not counting the fruits and veggies.
  • ttbrunk
    Options
    I joined Weight watchers Nov 15th and have lost 4 lbs... I thought I would join ths site too, just to have ideas from others :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I totally would if I could afford it, just cus I like their recipes and the face to face support. But I can't afford it, so I'm doing it all on my own with MFP, and I thank God for MFP! My mom did weight watchers, she started in at wearing a size 20 jean and stopped when she got down to a size 7 jean. She looked really good, but like all life changes/diets if you don't stick to it, you will gain it back. She has since gained it all back if not plus some.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I know that some people do the online weight watchers... I do not do that. I prefer MFP over their online membership. I do however think that attending the weekly W.W. meetings is very important. People laugh when I say its like A.A for Over Eaters, but I am serious when I say that without the constant support from W.W and the accountability of weighing in I would be well on my way to heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.